Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: What’s for Dinner

@Oaktree 

What about the vegies ?

..prob what I should have done @Oaktree  have dodgy 240V benchtop oven in van , tried hotplate with success other night, trying ovennow, think may just stick to things that need heating for the most part in future

@Jimbo2 

No vegies tonight but I had quiche and salad for breakfast. I am eating passion fruit now.

I would say that my dinner was ok but it wasn’t my favourite. There was a lot of liquid so it was difficult to eat. I probably won’t buy it again.

Meggle

Sounds tricky @TAB 

Good luck.

Meggle

@Oaktreethe Aldi lamb shanks and Cordon Blue t.v. dinners are ok at a pinch.

not wrong @Oaktree  can always revert to hotplate I guess. I got cheap drumsticks, was considering just throwing them but decided to go for it lolo ..

@Oaktree  I had cantonese  style roast pork with roast potatoes and 3 veg.All from Aldi and pork was on special.

Nothing wrong with drumsticks @TAB hopefully your oven works!

Sounds fancy @Jimbo2! I have tried ALDI’s lamb shanks but I prefer the Coles ones but the ALDI ones are a bit cheaper. I haven’t tried the other thing you mentioned.

Meggle

Looks like going to take forever I should have blanched them then browned in frypan. Might still @Oaktree

It will be worth the wait @TAB 

I got a pack of marinated chicken pieces from Aldi last week. I had chicken 3 nights in a row and on the fourth night had a cold chicken roll made from two drumsticks I cooked the night before. It was marinaded in tomato and basil. Was super good and quite cheap. Will definitely get it again.

Meggle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance