Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Physical Activity and Mental Health // Tues 6th July, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

@Daisydreamer @Judi9877 @Shaz51 @Anastasia @bipolarbunny @Peregrinefalcon - 

I don't have a good relationship with physical activity at the moment but I'm trying to encourage it as it really helped keep my MH under control. 

when I do I enjoy long walks, swimming, dancing, bike riding, trampoling 

Re: Topic Tuesday // Physical Activity and Mental Health // Tues 6th July, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

@apc It looks like you're new to the forums! Thank you for joining us 😊 If you (or anyone else reading) would like some extra help or guidance with navigating this event, check out this helpful guide to Topic Tuesdays here 🤗

Relationship

A bit strained with covid. I have a membership to a.local gym. I enjoy group classes. Although I do these usually.by.myself.lol as they are virtual as in the instructor is on the tv.

Enjoy

Walking, riding bike, yoga, Pilates, 

Hi @Judi9877 and @Anastasia 🙂

@bipolarbunny it's so great that exercise has been a helpful tool for you and one that helps you on your recovery journey

@Anastasia that's great you got your fitness certificate. Did it take a long time to study? Was it something you enjoyed?

@Shaz51 Balance is so important!

Question 1: For @Peregrinefalcon and for the community:

a) What is your relationship with physical activity at the moment? 

For me, physical activity is a source of enjoyment and allows some “me time” every day and helps me feel centred and grounded.

That said: there can also be too much of a good thing, which I am certainly realising after injuring myself recently! As @Fluttershy1 mentioned, it can be hard to know when you are doing enough and when you are perhaps doing too much

b) And what sorts of things do you enjoy doing?

At the gym I enjoy weight lifting, while outside the gym I love going on walks on some of the beautiful tracks nearby

Good evening all, I’ve just arrived home from the track where I coach a young squad.

Sport has been the one positive in my life the past few years.

For my own exercise, I have my bike in front of the tv ready to ride through France with the tour.

@Daisydreamer @Judi9877 @Fluttershy1 @Shaz51 @Anastasia 

a) What is your relationship with physical activity at the moment? ----  the physical activity for us is our very small  cleaning and mowing business

b) And what sorts of things do you enjoy doing?--   bush walking 

@Daisydreamer@Peregrinefalcon , @Former-Member 

Hi @apc and welcome 🙂 So glad you could join us here. Please feel free to tag any one of us if you need a hand at all navigating the chat. 

I think that's a really good point, and something @Shaz51 also was interested in. 

As we go, feel free to ask @Peregrinefalcon questions as well 🙂 

@Peregrinefalcon - you can either overdo it and injure yourself or do to little and it makes you feel not so good, it's really hard to blanace it out sometimes into even amounts. Do you have any suggestions on how to encourage doing abit more physical activity during the day? 

@Peregrinefalcon - you gotta be careful not to injure yourself to much 😝 erk erk.

@Anastasia wrote:

Relationship

A bit strained with covid. I have a membership to a.local gym. I enjoy group classes. Although I do these usually.by.myself.lol as they are virtual as in the instructor is on the tv.

Enjoy

Walking, riding bike, yoga, Pilates, 

That is something I think a lot of people can relate to @Anastasia with covid Heart Defintiely changed a lot of people's routines with activity. How do you find the virtual classes?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance