Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Physical Activity and Mental Health // Tues 6th July, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

Hi @Peregrinefalcon nice to meet you 🙂

I'm a big advocate for exercise & mental health. I've personally found it a great therapy when I'm manic and/or depressed. It definitely helps burn off the negative energy and just clear the head. Even my therapist is convinced it's become an extremely important addition to my box of coping skills. 

BB 🐰💙

Re: Topic Tuesday // Physical Activity and Mental Health // Tues 6th July, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

Hi @Daisydreamer @Shaz51 @apc @bipolarbunny and everyone else! Nice to be here. Looking forward to the session!

Hello, I am a firm believer that exercise is such good "medicine".

I have my fitness certificate and know that I should be doing more int he way of exercise @Daisydreamer @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Peregrinefalcon @bipolarbunny all here

@Peregrinefalcon wrote:

Hello lovely Forumites! ❤️ Excited to be here!

You might have seen me around as one of the Forum moderators. I am a SANE Help Centre counsellor and monitor the Forums over some weekends.

Before my time in the mental health field, I have worked in the fitness industry for around four years. I am a big believer in the link between mental health and physical activity and love exploring with people what type of physical activity works best for them. I am excited to hear about your relationship with exercise and have a discussion about the different types of ways you get active in your life as well as the things that can make it hard to get active, too.

That's amazing @Peregrinefalcon! Then you are the perfect person for us to speak to tonight 🙂 Sounds like you have so much experience. Really excited to hear more about the mental health and phsyical activity cross over from your experience 

hey hello @Fluttershy1 Heart

hello @apc 

also @Peregrinefalcon , over 60s is of interest too 

Welcome @Fluttershy1 @apc 🙂

@Daisydreamer @Peregrinefalcon - i never know if I do to much or not enough, it's hard with mental health to try and balance it out. But I'm hoping to get some ideas and walk away with some encouragement for doing some physical exercise 

Question 1: For @Peregrinefalcon and for the community:

a) What is your relationship with physical activity at the moment?

b) And what sorts of things do you enjoy doing?

@Daisydreamer @Peregrinefalcon  and others. I like walking but don't do nowhere near enough. I also like swimming and would love to learn to roller skate as I never got the chance as a kid growing up. I know I should exercise but I find it boring and hard to get motivated or excited to do it.

Hi new to this so not sure on what to do but am I interested in reading how people deal with not over doing the physical activity in the sense it starts to effect weight loss

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance