Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Physical Activity and Mental Health // Tues 6th July, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

We are ready to get started! Welcome everyone to this fortnight's Topic Tuesday on Physical Activity and Mental Health. 

I am very excited to welcome @Peregrinefalcon as our special guest 🙂 I will now handover to @Peregrinefalcon to introduce herself

For those who are joining tonight, I would love to hear what you are interested in talking about tonight 

@bipolarbunny @StuF @Eve7 @Shaz51 @Anastasia 

Re: Topic Tuesday // Physical Activity and Mental Health // Tues 6th July, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

Hi @bipolarbunny! Great to have you here Smiley Happy

Hello lovely Forumites! ❤️ Excited to be here!

You might have seen me around as one of the Forum moderators. I am a SANE Help Centre counsellor and monitor the Forums over some weekends.

Before my time in the mental health field, I have worked in the fitness industry for around four years. I am a big believer in the link between mental health and physical activity and love exploring with people what type of physical activity works best for them. I am excited to hear about your relationship with exercise and have a discussion about the different types of ways you get active in your life as well as the things that can make it hard to get active, too.

Hi @Shaz51 and @bipolarbunny 🙂

We are also joined tonight by the amazing @Former-Member who will be around to provide support and contribute to the discussion Heart

I might share what I am excited for tonight 🙂 I am really excited to explore what different types of physical activity look like and get some new ideas. I'm also keen to learn more about how I can build activity into my schedule on days when I feel flat

I'm keen to hopefully talk a bit about barriers to physical activity, and anything we can do about them. I used to play sport competitively which was great for my physical and mental health, but haven't for a few years due to a number of barriers- I miss it, though! 

Hey @Peregrinefalcon @Daisydreamer @Former-Member @Shaz51 @bipolarbunny , 

I really like to go for long walks to clear my mind or I like to go swimming. 

Sometimes I like to dance to music 

Hello

hello @Peregrinefalcon@Daisydreamer , @Former-Member , @bipolarbunny 

I am interested with physical exercise and mental health as sometimes having that right balance , sometimes over exercise is not good either as well as not enough 

Welcome to the discussion @Fluttershy1 & @apc!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance