Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // LGBTQIA+ & Mental Health // Tues 29th September, 7-8:30PM AEST

@nashy - I feel like not many people actually agree with people with LGBQIA+, they just put someone down and make them feel bad about themselves when they are normal. 

Re: Topic Tuesday // LGBTQIA+ & Mental Health // Tues 29th September, 7-8:30PM AEST

You summed it up @Jynx I don't really have the words for it. Feeling what you described makes my complex ptsd worse, I'm afraid people will leave me and I feel worthless.. 

Hey @Former-Member, it can be so hard and super isolating, especially when you're still figuring things out. It took me years (and many different labels) to figure out these bits of myself, and even now I still fluctuate sometimes. It's also okay if no labels really fit perfectly - they don't define who we are, they just help us explain it a little bit, and hopefully helps us find community too. 

@Former-Member I am sorry to hear of this loneliness you are feeling Heart Even though it is an anonymous forum, we are all sitting with you right now across the country and want you to know you're very much amongst friends. 

@Fluttershy1 This is great you have just realised this ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you for sharing your story with us Heart

@Jynx Media representation... a real kicker I must say. Even now I am correcting well meaning friends on misinformation they've learnt in the media about being same-sex. It's a long road sometimes for sure. Surrounding myself with others who have had the experience or friends who have a deep understanding of the community definitely can help in not becoming frustrated - and of course, online resources such as forums ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Hi & thanks for reminders & welcome @nashy @Jynx

I am extremely tired, not sure how well I will make it through discussion.

I've never ever participated in a LBGT etc discussion before - so am feeling extremely awkward.

Physically & socially Male (& Hetero/ Straight) - yet have for many years privately identified as Trans-Female.

Or would have taken that journey - if I was decades younger (now 51).

Long story, heaps of trauma & research into Trans identities - won't go into it all now.

Adge

@Fluttershy1 Oh I am sorry of this experience. You are right there are people out there who still struggle, but many people who also are supportive. Depending on where we live it can so very hard Heart We just want you to know we think it's awesome that you are a part of the LGBTQIA+ community and that you're a wonderful human-being, those people don't define you. 

@Former-Member 

gender-non-concerned - I love it. I've described myself as 'gender-floaty' in the past, because I don't really feel anything super specific but it's like I'm awash in an ocean of gendery feels. Sometimes I flow more femme, sometimes I flow more masc, but mostly I just float along.

I do get dysphoria from time-to-time and one day hope to get top-surgery to help with that. It's been really liberating to come to terms with my gender, and I hope things become more accepted in our society soon so others can come to accept themselves more too.

Hi @Former-Member  you're not alone here Smiley Happy

@Jynx  I agree with you about it not being necessary to even choose a label or category to fit into.  That's why I embrace the word 'queer' - it can mean whatever you want it to.  Luckily our language is evolving to be more gender-diverse-inclusive, but if you're young and not accepted by those around you, it can be really really hard.  It also gets confusing for people to separate sexual preferences from gender identity.

I want people to know there is also https://qlife.org.au/  that has a chatline and is dedicated to LGBTQIA2+ people.  ph 1800 184 527  3pm to 12pm everyday.  They also do webchat if you go to their web page.  The more resources we can share the better in my opinion.

@Former-Member @nashy @Rebel @Fluttershy1 @Adge @Former-Member @Schitzo @Former-Member 

@nashy @Jynx, I have been questioning about my gender for awhile, I figured out my sexuality a while ago. I'm feeling confident about it. 

Can Sane get a separate LGBTIQ+ sub-forum? I've asked that before, I think it would be easier to connect. I've know @eth for a long time but we haven't chatted about gender identity or sexuality. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance