Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // LGBTQIA+ & Mental Health // Tues 29th September, 7-8:30PM AEST

hey guys as mentioned earlier 

a new LBGTI thread has been created. please feel free to join in. the more the merrier. 

you can find the thread here LBGTIQ+ Social Space 

@Adge @nashy @NatureLover @Fluttershy1 @Jynx @Former-Member @eth @Rebel @Maggie @Former-Member @Schitzo  and everyone-so sorry cause i feel like ive missed lots of people!

Re: Topic Tuesday // LGBTQIA+ & Mental Health // Tues 29th September, 7-8:30PM AEST

Thanks @nashy  and @Jynx  and everyone else for a great chat.  So lovely to see people feeling safe to share from their hearts  Hearts to all here.  I'll stick around for a bit if anyone wants to keep chatting, or debrief.

@nashy wrote:

@outlander Agreed. Amazing. I love this insight and I love the resource you have shared in addition. Thanks for being open and honest and know we are honoured to learn this about you ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Right crew! What a brilliant chat. As this has been a great discussion I will leave this thread open until tomorrow for you all to debrief Smiley Very Happy I am going to say goodnight, but I believe @Jynx has some further information before their sign off providing an additional explanation of terms. A bit of insight from me before I go 

Gay is an adjective that describe people who are physically, romantically, emotionally and/or spiritually attracted to other people of the same gender. In the past, โ€œgayโ€ specifically referred to men who are attracted to men. Now, it is common for โ€œgayโ€ to be used by anyone who is attracted to their same gender. Itโ€™s all up to you and which word fits you the best.

Lesbian is a noun that describes women who are predominantly attracted to other women. It can also be used as an adjective. Some lesbian women prefer to identify as โ€œgay,โ€ and thatโ€™s ok.''

Now handing the mic to @Jynx for their goodnight. Thanks so much everyone for joining in @outlander @Former-Member @eth @Former-Member @Rebel @Adge @Maggie @NatureLover and I know I have missed others in the tag drops there but thank you so so much. Have a restful night all Smiley Happy

Thanks @nashy  and a huge thank you to everyone who came along this evening! It's been so awesome to hear stories and experiences, and I also really appreciate that folks felt comfortable enough to be vulnerable and share with us all. 

I thought it might be useful to chuck these in just in case, of course there's many, many more because like I said above, the human experience is such a colourful spectrum. So this is just a brief little smidge in case anyone was curious:

Cisgender: Identifying with gender assigned at birth

Transgender: Identifying with a gender other than the one assigned at birth

Gender diverse: Umbrella term used to describe anyone who identifies outside of the gender binary (i.e. male or female) and includes nonbinary, gender fluid, agender, and others

Asexual: Someone who does not experience sexual attraction to others

Grey-Asexual: Someone who only experiences sexual attraction occasionally

Aromantic: Someone who does not experience romantic attraction to others

Intersex: Someone born with a reproductive or sexual anatomy that doesn't seem to fit the typical definitions of female or male

It's so wonderful to be reminded of how much of an amazing community we have here, it's been a pleasure and a priveledge to be part of it and share with you all. Goodnight, forumites!! 

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

thank you @nashy @Jynx for running this tonight. its been so good to see so many new and regular members joining in and benefiting

Goodnight @Jynx Thanks.

Thanks @eth

Falling asleep at keyboard...

Adge

Thanks for starting new Thread @outlander 

your welcome @Adge

Thank you @Jynx , @nashy  for running this discussion. Thank you to all those who participated.

It was insightful and informative ๐ŸŒป

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance