Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday 19/01: R-E-S-P-I-T-E, find out what it means to me...

Hi 2dream,

Thank you for your response to our posting.  There maybe some options to explore regarding how to manage the care of your partner during a respite break and they can be discussed directly with our Respite Coordinator, Rhonda who can be contacted Monday to Thursday, 9-2pm on 9427 7100.

2014 logo no backing.png

www.arafmi.asn.au

Hi everyone, I just found another Carer Retreat near Coffs Harbour in NSW. It is called Joyland Carers Retreat and you can find them here.

Hobbit.

Hi all!

We at Eating Disorders Victoria  (EDV) agree that respite can be very helpful both for the carer and their loved one. Caring for someone can be mentally and physically exhausting, and it is important to remember to take time out to restore energy and manage your own emotions.

Sometimes caring for someone who has an Eating Disorder can feel like it is taking over your life. EDV provides both telephone support through our helpline and face-to-face support through our drop in service and support groups for family and friends of those who have an eating disorder. If you need support, please do not hesitate to contact our Helpline on 1300 550 236, or visit www.eatingdisorders.org.au

Best Wishes,

EDV

Moved:

This comment has been moved by a moderator to another part of the forum where it might be more easily found by the community.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance