Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Somethings wrong

Hi there @destructive

I am sorry to hear how tough things have been for you. It is okay and normal to not know what to say or have nothing to say when you are in therapy. Sometimes it is not about what you say, but also to have a safe space where you can do so, if you want to 🙂  Have you thought about addressing this to your therapist? 

If you don't feel like talking, I also want to invite you to chat with our wonderful counsellors SANE Help Centre Counsellors on 
web-chat. The Help Centre has really compassionate and caring counsellors that can sit with your distress and help you find a way through it.

Take care, 

Peonies 

Hi @Peonies 

I feel like it's beyond the average lost for words. Most weeks I literally freeze up and can't say anything. Even hi can be hard.

i did try get on the web chat but it always says offline. 

I'm having a hard time. Feel like all time is hard but then there are sometimes when I just feel dread and my head is full of bad thought and I don't know how long I can go on. I'm so tired of fighting myself. I don't see how things would ever get better when it's myself who I need to get away from. I don't know what to do

hi @destructive i can very much relate. mental health can be so so hard sometimes and dealing with it on a daily basis is really draining. i often wish i could run away from myself too but i guess thats not possible. for me because i know what a hard life people can have i try to help others as much as i can. it seems thats the only real way i can live with myself.

Hey @destructive so sorry you're having these thoughts. It's like Outlander said - unfortunately we can't run away from ourselves. We can learn how to live with ourselves, and listen to those parts that help tell us who we are and what our values are. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out for support if you need it, and know that we're never too far away. 

@outlander @Jynx Thanks

Ive been trying to get better for over 10years I'm tired of it

@destructive 💙💙💙💙

Thanks @Maggie 

Struggling with voices telling me to do

things now. It's relentless. 

Hey @destructive that sounds like it's really distressing for you. I'm concerned and just wanted to check in with you around your current situation to see if you need extra support or if you feel unsafe at all. Feel free to flick us an email (team@saneforums.org) or if you do feel unsafe, please contact one of the crisis services:

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling

Samaritans: 135 247

If in immediate danger: 000

Here for you Heart

@Jynx thanks. Nothing those lines can really do. They just make you scared because what can they do if they think you're unsafe other than send you to hospital. I know what'd happen. It's not always any better actually worse. I just need a labotomy 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance