Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

TAB
Senior Contributor

Re: Self Harm

Hopefully things settle down @Angels333  its hard when belief and or trust is suspended .Hope you feel a bit better today

Hello my @Angels333. Did you manage to get some sleep? Sorry I was already sleeping when you posted.

Sorry group therapy hasn't been good. Stability is so important because you need to build trust.

Deep breathing my friend 💜 Try and do one small nice thing for yourself today 

Hey @Appleblossom @Molliex @TAB @MDT 

I did manage a good night's sleep.

Thanks for all your support. XOXO

I wish I could say I'm not anxious anymore but I can't say that...    It is something I have to live with  I saw my Psychiatrist yesterday  and he said my type of anxiety social anxiety is hard to treat, there isn't really a medication for it.    Apparently he can treat Generalised Anxiety  but not social.

That's why it's so important for the psychologists at DBT to be consistent, that know my story, so much about my - I have been going for years...    One psychologist left to take up another position in the hospital and now the other psychologist is having her last week this week.    The whole group was upset, people in tears....    I find it hard with new relationships already, sigh* there's nothing I can do about it so I have to keep going and do the best I can...   I think that approach will help me in both problems at the moment...  turn up and just do the best I can.     

I hope you 4 are doing well atm?   Let's not make it all about me......

XOXO ANGELS333 

TAB
Senior Contributor

Hope it gets better for you @Angels333  at least you got a good sleep

ok @Angels333

Yes that makese sense. I think you have got the right attitude towards it though when you said: "I think that approach will help me in both problems at the moment... turn up and just do the best I can"

I agree with you. Sometimes though it is hard.

I think it's also good that you are going to a group based therapy. Do you find that this is beneficial? I remember I Went to one a few years ago before I joined the forums.

Well it's getting serious now....  @TAB @Molliex @Appleblossom @BlueBay Council are ordering steel caps so I can work in the landcare/wetlands  department.   I'm feeling better about it for now...

@MDT  I  find groups so helpful.   Sometimes if I am trying to explain something to a psychologist and am struggling, more often than not another group member can articulate the situation clearly.   It's all about the lived experience just like the forums.    Anyway, heading to the shops to get some good clothes for gardening.

Yeah this forum does sometimes feel like that @Angles333 which is one reason I like it.

I hope you find the gardening clothes you need as well.

It's a rotten day here weather wise. Just got coffee and pie.
TAB
Senior Contributor

youll be okay @Angels333 

@Angels333 

I hope you manage and dont get too cold thru the wet season, but working outside can be very enlivening, even in the winter.  It is a good job to do. Necessary and with many social benefits.

Aaaaaaah Social Anxiety.  Its complicated.  I dont have money for DBT and occasionally check the workbook etc.

Hugs

Apple

Being in nature helps me deal with my anxiety @Angels333 . It may have benefits you aren't aware of yet. Good luck with your shopping.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance