Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Self Harm

Yeah I  know @TAB I'm just so lazy, I don't want to go back to work at all....

Oh @Angels333  im hearing you. I know work is difficult snd been redeployed brings on anxiety for you. 
I hope you enjoy it snd your manager is nice. Thinking of you ❤️

These days people are more understanding @Angels333
I hope that hour new deployment is good. It'll be a good chance to build some social stuff too hey.
TAB
Senior Contributor

thats normal @Angels333  its been long documented that people not working lose desire to work very quickly lol , youll be okay once you get there

Hey @Flying_Hams @TAB @BlueBay  thanks for your words of encouragement.    I know this will be good for me in the long run.   And I do care about the environment so cleaning up rubbish  is important. 

There is a part of me that never want's to go back to work..... swim teaching or redeployment.   But I don't really have an option.... you're so right @TAB  the desire to work really faded fast for me....

TAB
Senior Contributor

it will get easier, try not to think about it too much @Angels333  turning up is the main thing, then it will become new norm Cat Happy

Hi @Angels333 - you will be able to do this. It will be hard to get motivated at the beginning, but after a short while I am sure it will become routine. I am glad that you have a job to be redeployed to - better than unemployment in the longrun. You have so many coping strategies to deal with anxiety, you will do it, I know you will. Also, remind yourself it's completely normal to be anxious when starting a new job and meeting new people; most people experience this, even those without MH issues.

I had group therapy today which was a disaster,  we have now had 2 facilitators change in the last 5 weeks.    

I feel like I'm having a panic attack.   I think it's about work.   So much anxiety tonight.

@Molliex @TAB @Flying_Hams @BlueBay @Former-Member @Shaz51 

Not sure who else to tag....

Hey @Angels333
I'm about to head to bed so may not reply.
Why did they change them for ?

Sorry you had a double bunger, @Angels333 

High staff turnover is a huge problem in mental health services.  HUGE.

You can see the value of the work, but still, if it is not valued in the workplace.. can be hard.  Teaching swimming would prbably take a LOT of energy.

Take Care

Apple

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance