Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I feel sad

Im still here

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Chris
Nothing wrong with headspacw well to me anyway, just don't click with my psych, had a good one who left so now I have a lady I'm not too keen on to be honest.
I am ok
Sorry for not responding. Got some jobs done, groceries, filled up the car, went to the meat shop, walked the dogs quickly
Sometimes it's just doing bits and pieces like that that makes me feel a bit better it's weird

Thats great to hear you have managed to do a few things today

. All those little positives add up, and sometimes its those little things that help us feel a little better. We have achieved something today however small. It gives us a sence of accomplishment. Not weird at all. Im sure there are many people here that would agree. 

Well done Jay.

Im so happy go hear that its made difference for you today.

Im also happy that you find headspace helpful for you.

As far as your psychiatrist is concerned., give it time to get to know each other. Try to address what you think is the obsticle.

It has been my experience you get a gut feeling if it's going to work or not.  If its not working its like flogging a dead horse.

Sometimes its a personality thing, and you just dont gel.

Sometimes i felt they were working against me rather than with me.

Sometime the change has not been my choice. I had no control over the situation, as in  they move away.

However all is not lost! Trust your instict. If you feel you need to see someone new and give it sometime.

One of my best moves was the decision to stop seeing one therapist. It lead me to someone who really understood me and i have been seeing her for six years now.

I really didnt like my last psychiatrist  at first. He use to drive me insane. He had a very different approach. I always left thinking what the hell is he on about. I was puzzled and frustrated. But something made me persevere. He moved interstate this time last year and i found it really hard without him. I am seeing a female, a first for me now. And she is very supportive.

You never know Jay. Something very positive can come out of a difficult situation. We learn and grow every day. Its those little things we can learn so much from as well as those much bigger things we face in life.

I feel you are growing into a caring, strong young man. Just keep chipping away, knowing that you are becomming the person you want to be. And you are making a difference in your life and your sibblings life. Never underestimate how your courage is a light to your brothers and sisters.

Oh im rambling again.

Ill be around if you want to talk.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Chris do you know that I first sought help at headspace when I was being abused by my parents everyday but the wait time threw me off it was like 8 weeks or something and I thought oh god the longer i wait the more chance my parents will find out so I didn't
Anyway, all this time on...
I tried all different psychologists I found many not for me but found one that did good work with me for 3 years then he left, now I have had a lady psychologist for the first time and I have been seeing her for about a year if works ok and she helps but I prefer not to go

I cant imagine how you must have felt having to wait so long to see someone there.

Its no wonder you gave up at that time. The fear you must have been feeling if your parents found out.

But i am pleased that you have been able to reach out and be helped now.

Can i ask you why you prefer not to see the psychologist now? You dont have to tell me if you dont want to, especially this time of night. I dont want to trigger you .

Are you back at work tomorrow?

Former-Member
Not applicable

I ended up confiding in a teacher at school @Chris

I just don't like going there also like why should I have to give up so much of my time, effort, for something that my parents did to me?? This is my punishment for their actions.

I will be back here tomorow after 6pm

Hope you get a good nights rest, ready for a new day

Former-Member
Not applicable

Ok bye and thank you @Chris

I dont understand. You say this is your punishment for their actions.

Can you clarify what you mean. I want to understand

I wonder if you feel that by seeing the psychologist you are constantly reliving what you have been through. And all you want to do is move on with your life.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance