Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Let's relive the 1980's

@plasmo 

the canadian tux.....love it..............

metal bands in the 80's were at their peak I reckon......and their hair and what they wore, just the best!!!!!!

any favs?????

A Star is Born @silverspoon    love that movie......I am a huge fan of Kris Kristofferson.....his music was always being played in my household....especially the songs he did with his ex wife Rita Coolidge.....great music........

Yes I was a huge wearer of the sparkly blue eye shadow, as well as the pink lol.

I loved the one day games in the 80's.....I am very jealous of you being there at the Gabba....so many mullets in the team lol........I might have even seen you on the telecast lol.

Glad you got up to so much mischief back then....love to hear that.....I am 49 so hit my teens in the mid 80's.......great time to be alive!!!!!!!

Shoulder pads made a comeback a year or two ago if my memory serves me correctly.....I still love them and wear them too I have to admit lol.......

@Scarecrowe  was this your look?

Image result for fluro clothes of the 1980s

Smiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy

OMG @greenpea 

That is the exact pic I was trying to post..................................

You have slightly freaked me out with that........you are BRILLIANT!!!!!

Yes that was practically my look.....except for the hair was not quite that wild, was not good with doing hair styles.......but I did love my leg warmers!!!!!!   and the bigger the earrings the better!!!!!

Well done my friend........................

Yep @greenpea   that just proves we are 80's kids through and through....

I will keep trying to send a pic and see if I can finally work it out.........

I don't even own a mobile so you can understand my lack of knowledge Smiley LOL

@greenpea  @silverspoon  @plasmo  @CheerBear 

Ok so I can post this with no problems lol

I loved this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And I have the whole serious on DVD which I am very proud of lol.............................

https://youtu.be/NT1tZmGvFfY

@Scarecrowe some of the 80s groups that have tried to cash in on the 80s revival thing are a bit of a trainwreck, ie motley crue.

iron maiden are my faves, still in decent form and their spandex work was mostly on point in the 80s, except for when Bruce wore a sort of harlequin diamind pattern, was odd. he was wearing some 3/4 length in the early 90s, was too axl rose, not their best era.

i remember fluoro socks in the 80s and fingerless gloves.

girls here wore tight bright coloured jeans - especially for roller skating, they called them Smile jeans, but might have just been a local brand. you could see them in pink or electric blue. there were also 'shinies' which had a sheen to them, some had a glitter kind of pattern.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance