Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Let's relive the 1980's

Love this thread 😁 

@Scarecrowe I was a little one in the 80s. I have always had some fun memories of being a kid and thought they were from back then until I went to find pics for this thread and found they're mostly 90s memories as I was probably a little too little to remember much from back then 😏 

But I remember (really well) having one of these with me in my bed 

s-l400 (1).jpg

I also remember the awesomeness that was The Land Before Time 😊 (I still say 'yep, yep, yep' like ducky!)

images - 2019-11-02T150115.539.jpeg

And the Care Bears (of course)!

images - 2019-11-02T145130.759.jpeg

I had such a fun trip down memory lane looking for them!

Enjoying reading yours and @greenpea 's memories, and hopefully others if they join in and sharw 🙂

@CheerBearOmg! My children loved The Land Before Time and my son2 has Ducky as one of his  entities!  You are a spring chicken CheerBear :)x

Aww Ducky is the best @greenpea 😊

double denim - aka the canadian tuxedo. if it's good enough for drew it's good enough for me.

just thinking about the 80s metal bands, the ones still around don't wear the spandex anymore, probably a good thing.

I too wore shoulder pads and sometimes still do.

I loved the movie A Sat is Born with Barbra Striesand and Kris Kristofosen. I permed my hair just like Barbras.

Loved my levis. And sparkly blue eyeshadow, that i used to wear on top and below my eyelids. 

OMG i got up to some mischief back in the day. I loved all the parties and the music. I have always been a bit of a party girl. I'm 59 soon and i still love to party.

I loved wathcing and going to the one day cricket matches. Drinking and skylarking on the hill at the Brisbane Cricket ground. 

Wow i loved the 80's.

Silverspoon

oh wow @greenpea    that's the look lol

and just to note.....look how high the jeans sit.........

mind you when you are a celebrity you can get away with it........

good on you Drew Smiley Happy

@greenpea 

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

that is taking it to a whole new level.......

and you would have to call that triple denim with the hat.......

@greenpea 

oh yes that is the look my friend.....what great memories

i will have to check the internet for any outfits that fitted my look....

leave it with me....................

Thanks so much for loving the thread @CheerBear 

OMG you have brought back so many memories with those pics....love it!!!!  Thanks for sharing.........................

I do remember all them, but I was a little too old to watch them by the time they came out...

I have to admit I watched the Land Before Time when I was a young adult, and still loved it I have to say.....very cute......

I am so thrilled you enjoyed your stroll down memory lane looking for those pics.....

I am going to see if I can send some pics of things I remember.....

Not very computer savvy lol so I am not sure if I can get it to work.....if I can't I will just mention them instead after a bit.........

@greenpea  @CheerBear  @silverspoon  @plasmo 

Yes I am not computer savvy, have no idea how to post an image lol........my computer skills are extremely basic even after all this time.............oh well

Ok so I was going to post a pic of flouro clothes, I loved them so much.....

My sister had a cabbage patch doll called Corey...................she wanted a girl but there were not girls left...................she was not happy....

I was a big fan of Fraggle Rock, well I am still a fan of Fraggle Rock!!!!!!!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance