Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Scarecrowe
Senior Contributor

Let's relive the 1980's

Hiya everyone!!!!

I loved the 80's and I thought I would start a forum where we can relive our favourite songs. bands, TV shows, movies, fashions, celebrities, world events etc.   If I had a time machine I would go back and experience it all, because as they say at the time you don't realise how special it is until it is over.

So if you grew up in the 80's tell us your experiences, what you loved and remembered etc.  If you missed the 80's that is fine. we can tell you what it was like, how things were done etc.  So please come and join me and reflect on this great decade......

I am going to start off by showing you one of my fav songs from one of my two fav bands (The Beatles being the other one).    Still love this song as much as when I first heard it..... written by drummer Roger Taylor inspired by words from his young son.....Radio Ga Ga

Which indecently inspired the name of a current pop star...................

https://youtu.be/azdwsXLmrHE

501 REPLIES 501

Re: Let's relive the 1980's

@Scarecrowe  Hi Scarecrowe for me it was the music and the fashion primariy the music. I was a post punk girl and listened to The cure, U2 (when Bono was hot!) and others incessently.. Spiked my hair up and wore pale make up with dark brown lipstick 😛

Here's to the 80s!

https://www.google.com.au/search?safe=active&sxsrf=ACYBGNQUKP0s0Ji2yL0o0wrLXsKdg-izRQ:1572660394960&...

Thanks @greenpea  for being the first to reply to my new thread.  

Wow how big was The Cure in the day..............................I can understand why you were such a fan, along with U2, with Bono and that fabulous mullet lol.  Whenever you read a music mag The Cure were always in them............yep loved their music!!!!

Oh yes the pale makeup with dark lipstick, how cool did we think we all looked.   I had a rats tail on the side of my head.  At school they were banned so myself and a friend grew them so long and then tucked them inside our collars so the teachers could not see them Smiley Very Happy  with a touch of a spike omg!!!!!

My makeup was usually bright pink eye shadow and bright red lipstick with lots of flouro clothing and accessories..........................great memories!!!!!

@Scarecrowe I got kicked out of school at 16 so started working in an office job where my appearance was never an issue :D. I would wear skirts with  big chunky studded belts with oversized shirts and on the weekend my fav black jeans and runners. 

I also loved Joy Division and had one of these t shirts.

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures Shirt

oh wow @greenpea   that t-shirt brings back memories!!!!!  Joy Division

Yes I loved my belts with huge studs on them too lol.

It is bad though when your appearance is an issue at school but not at work.......

Since I was short and pettite I loved shoulder pads, the bigger the better.  I would wear a shirt with shoulder pads with a jacket that had shoulder pads, so I looked like an American gridiron player Smiley Very Happy

I loved my jackets (still do actually), in fashion they are a weakness of mine.

On weekends I loved my acid wash jeans...................................and my denim jacket.............

Double denim....gotta love that!!!!!!!

@Scarecrowe Smiley Wink double denim is back in next season 🙂

Oh is it @greenpea

I am not sure if that is a good thing or not :smileyvery-happy

@Scarecrowe 

double demin works imho

Image result for double denim 80s

@Scarecrowe  double denim ...... ohoooohhhh...Image result for double denim 80s

@Scarecrowe my hair and fashion during the 80s.

Image result for post punk fashion

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance