Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Touching the darkness

Hi @Former-Member, can you go to a G.P's clinic that opens on Sundays? At least you could get an opinion there.

If you are really worried about your thoughts, you can go to an emergency department of a public hospital and ask to see a doctor there. You can also ring Life Line if you need some one to talk to right now. I have found them to be very good.

Are you alone? Do you need to call someone and have them come over and sit with you?

Hi Flower

Lola here, one of the moderators

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing a difficult time and not trusting yourself today.

Is there someone you can talk to today? 

And yes, your doctor is not available on Sundays, so first thing tomorrow call and book an appointment. Today you can call 000 for immediate support.

Regards

lola

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @lola

I don't know what's going on myself so it's hard to talk to anyone 😞

I've taken some meds (as prescribed) and will sleep now, hopefully I wake up a bit more confident.

@Former-Member,

I hope you feel better soon. Please let us know you are ok and feel free to talk about anything you need to here. 

I have been scared by my own thoughts, too, in the past. It's not a nice place to be... but remember that this is how MI/depression can affect us... it's a symptom of an illness. It's not who you truly are.

Thinking of you.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Sahara

Meds and sleep helped a little. It's frustrating as we were just planning to very slowly go off that kind of meds (when required). We planned a very slow decrease and now I'm back to square one. I guess I wasn't ready? Perhaps the short break with lower doses at least gave my body a little rest.

I'm doing some chores now. My therapist always wants me to look up and make eye contact so I'll get off the floor and have a look.

Thanks for being there for me.

@Former-Member Can you make a wall? A really high, thick, reinforced one that separates the dark from the lighter places. 

@Former-Member,

there is nothing wrong with taking medication that has been prescribed to you by a professional. I had to take heaps of medication in the past and I am glad that I did. There is no way I could have struggled on without it- it spite of what my family and well-meaning friends were telling me. Plenty of people said to me "You shouldn't rely on pills", but these people had no qualifications in mental health and their opinions were not needed or appreciated! Smiley Tongue

Sometimes our recoveries can take a while. It can be a case of going on and off medication or having to reduce the dose several times before we can come off it or reduce it for good. This in in no way a reflection of you as a person. You are not any less of a good person because you have to take meds or you have to occasionally increase the dose of something.

Some people stay on medication their entire lives and there is absolutely nothing wrong with this!  Really, it's just like taking medication for athsma or diabetes.

Flower, how are you today? Are you going to make an appointment with your G.P. today? I hope so. It's a good idea to let people help you. I think you should tell your G.P. about your dark thoughts. You shouldn't have to deal with this alone. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Sahara,

Thanks for your email and for your experience with meds. I think it's one of the reappearing conflicts I have with myself. I have previously been told that I may never get off all my meds again.

I will call my doctor today and I have an appointment with my trauma counsellor this afternoon.

I am so tired of fighting.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @-Rayne-

I don't know what to do anymore. I had these walls and they were crumbling and I want to just build them up again, but it will just get harder?

I'm lost and confused.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Life sucks!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance