Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Power of Positivity

@Mazarita  Hi Maz, hope the jab went well. I had the Pfizer and didn't even feel it. First time arm was a bit stiff the next day, but no big issues. I'm glad you are finding the hiking and mindfulness helping with your anxiety, that's huge. Hope the rest of your day is going well xx

I have one positive for today. I'm thinking of, well actually I've decided I am, going to buy a Fender Stratocaster. It's my birthday soon too, so I'm going to spoil myself. I am looking at the Vintara 60's Olympic white, it's a gorgeous thing. They are a lot cheaper than I thought so rather than shell out $800 for some no name brand strat that I will want to upgrade at a later time, I figure pay the $1650 and get myself a genuine Fender strat right off the bat that I'll play for years to come. 

@Cin hope your day is going well hon xx

BB 🐰💙

hello @LostAngel@ShiningStar@Mazarita@Cin@bipolarbunny@saltandpepper@greenpea@frog@Bezak482@eth@Emelia8@Determined@znp@Senna 

today 

1. mum had suncancers removed yesterday -- no infections yet today -- ayyy 
  2. when is your birthday @bipolarbunny  xxx
  3.  tonight going to make homemade pizza for dinner 

Positive things for today are I am feeling Positive within myself,had a shower,writting for self care trying to have a better mindset,might watch a movie soon with snackfood,got a few loads of washing done,cleaned my room,spending time resting,taking meds everyday this past week,did have a little alcohol last night to help me sleep,ate something yum for breakfast/lunch lol chocolate cake and Iced coffee,watched some of the Olympics today Mens Hockey and Womens Rowing,so yeah a relaxed day,opened some windows for fresh air,could have went for a walk but didnt,might go for a walk tomorow insteadHeart

@bipolarbunny @LostAngel @Shaz51 @Mazarita @ShiningStar thinking of you all.. Here goes for my positives for today

1. Had a shower and washed my hair

2. Spoke with my Son

3. Went for a walk

4. Found some fruit and veggie bargains.

5. Almost finished my unpacking. 

Wow, what a great thread! Reading your list @bipolarbunny and the 120+ replies got me trying to think about myself positively which is no mean feat atm. Baby steps for me, but here goes:

(1) I got out of bed this morning, dressed and left the caravan

(2) I logged onto Sane Forums and actually created a post for once

(3) I resisted the urge to harm myself...

@RedHorse 

On the back of this and your other thread, I just wanted to say Well Done You

Awesome effort @RedHorse ❤️

Hello @RedHorse 

Great that you @RedHorse, have found the forum posts to be inspirational and motivational. The efforts and experiences offered by many members are certainly a solid way of overcoming some of that inertia that we can often succumb to. Have to say that a lot of what @bipolarbunny and others offer is mentally stimulating, as well as inspiring and motivating.

I was impressed with your comment that you worked "to think about myself positively".

Each person knows the areas where they are most vulnerable and prone to slip. However, a read of the threads, posts and responses is often a great pick-me-up.

And, we all know about "baby steps." So easy to over-extend and fall backwards. If we gently measure and acknowledge our progress, we can accomplish a lot, in a relatively short space of time. All that, without adding too much pressure in the process.

Very pleased to know that you respected yourself today, instead of giving in to the negatives.

With My Very Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Good Afternoon ao todays positives are I got out of bed after sleeping half the day ,ate Lunch,rested alot,cleaned the house,watched the Olympics in Particular the Australian Womens Hockey Team and well done to them as they Won,um not much else really except trying to perservere to think positive Smiley Happy

Hi @Cin 

It’s so lovely to hear from you Heart

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve been struggling over the past few days Smiley Sad

Please know that you’re always welcome to reach out to us here if you need to Heart

Thank you so much for sharing all of the positive things that have happened for you today Heart

I love anything that’s cute and cuddly and so spending some time taking care of little Winston sounds absolutely wonderful Heart

Sending you some very gentle hugs Heart

Take care of yourself,

ShiningStar Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance