Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Power of Positivity

Hi @bipolarbunny 

It’s so lovely to hear from you Heart

Thank you so much for noticing that I changed my profile picture Smiley Happy

This is something that I’ve been meaning to do for some time now - it just took me longer than I thought to find a little pink star that had a touch of glitter on it Smiley LOL

Thank you so much again for taking the time to acknowledge and celebrate everyone’s wonderful achievements Heart

Take care of yourself,

ShiningStar Heart

Hello my friends @ShiningStar @bipolarbunny @Mazarita @LostAngel @Oaktree.. I have been struggling for a few days now but I would like to share my 5 positives for today already!!!

1. My Son picked me up yesterday afternoon and we spent a great night together.

2. Waking up with my Son in their beautiful apartment (he's gone to work) 

3.Looking after Winston (3 month old puppy)

4. Hearing from my daughter in law who is away for work

5. Enjoying the amazing views from their balcony. 

Hi @Cin your previous five positives sound wonderful - visit with your son and Winston and a beautiful view, hearing from your daughter-in-law, so good. I am enjoying reading your positives. Somehow I can hear the uplift in them.

Hope today treats you well, the same for @bipolarbunny @Oaktree and all here. Heart

Awe thank you @Mazarita X

Oh @Cin  how wonderful for you to spend time with your son & Winston and to hear from your daughter in law and to see some amazing views. So happy for you my friend. Hope they have brightened your mood. 

Big hugs hon, give Winston a big kiss from me too, I just love puppies! xx

BB 🐰💙

Hi @Mazarita @Cin @ShiningStar @Oaktree @LostAngel @Shaz51 @Daisydreamer @Zoe7 @Anastasia  and anyone else passing through xx

Hope you are all travelling okay and surviving the lockdown crazy, just praying we can return to some sort of normality soon, whatever that may be. 

So I have had a mixed week. So I may struggle to find five positives today, but I'll give it a crack. 

1. I learned a new song on guitar tonight and my playing is improving each day. 
2. I started a new poem which I hope to finish later tonight. 
3. I love that my brain has been relatively quiet and content today even though I'm tired. 
4. I'm happy that I sold some camping gear to a friend and made $500 that went straight in the bank. 
5. Right now I'm just loving feeling all cosy and cocooned in bed. 

Yay I made it to 5. 

Hope everyone has a nice peaceful evening. Big hugs xx

BB 🐰💙

Thank you @bipolarbunny would be the best if we could just bottle those unlifting feelings Xx

Well done @bipolarbunny you have done really well my friend 💕

Hi @bipolarbunny seems there can be more positives than we at first think even during rocky times. The daily gratitude notes I've been doing for 18 months now, have shown me very clearly there are no end to the blessings in my life, even 'peanut butter' (one of my past notes).

Yours are great: music and poetry, warm and comfy bed, calmer brain. I am feeling calmer in my nerves today as well, a huge relief that's happened a lot more lately than usual. I attribute it mainly to the breath, mindfulness and compassion work with my psychologist and small daily practices I've been doing with that.

Also I am feeling hugely calmer and the other good things arising from the bushwalks this year.

Today's 5 positives:

• I am getting my first Pfizer dose in a couple of hours
  • Despite a severe and excrutiating reaction to a past flu vax, I am mostly calm about this one
  • This morning there were less dark self-voices greeting me on waking, less anxiety
  • My birthday is very soon
  • I am open to more positives arising as the day unfolds.

Hi @Cin hope there are good things in your day. 

Thank you @Mazarita yes we really need to look for positives in even little things X l am working hard at turning those negative thoughts /feelings around. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance