Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Power of Positivity

Todays Positives are one getting enough sleep,two eating and drinking regualary non alcohic drinks,cooked some dinner tonight instead of opting for takeaway being delivered,spent plenty of time resting and browsing online,got a load or so of washing done,the dishes are done,had a nice shower with fave nice smelling toiletries,thinking of ordering some new books to read or clothes shopping online,watched a variety of Olympics including the surfing,Mens Hockey and Kiacking genereally a quiet day ,lockdown ends tonight at midnight but masks still need to be worn indoors and outdoors outside home,kids go back to school tomorow instead of doing remote learning from home,definetly been watching a few movies and series during the 5th lockdown as well as cleaning and at times turned to alcohol partially cause of mental health and partially because of lockdown and sometimes the inability to sleep at night,although slept alot during the day and have regulary taken my anti depressent for about a week aand a bit,feeling well rested tonight and been snacking on sugary foods although now I seem to need some salty snacks,so glad that kids are going back to school tomorow,weather was sunny today although I didnt go outside at all,I definetly might order some books online to read in the coming week,also I have a morning appointment tomorow so hope I dont sleep in,Im thankfull to have had no issues with having enough food and essentials in the 5th lockdown,also bought a new couch and heater and Tv which worked out well just not happy that having fun has to be still trying to have fun at home and the fact we still cant see families,but seeing as though I still dont have a car to drive currently it kind of doesnt change things much for me pluss sadly Im speaking with alot of my family at the moment,just a few Im keeping in contact with so I more or less feel like a bit of a recluse since this 5th lockdown and even before then,and although we did get to go to the movies once during the school holidays it would have been nice to have gotten out of the house a bit more before the fith lockdown happend anyway sorry for the long post and sorry if in some ways it sems Im complaining about anything,although I have to say the really best news is that me and special someone are currently on very good terms with eachother so at least we are still able to see eachother wether theres lockdowns or no lockdowns,anyway thats enough venting but thanks for reading stay safe forum friends

Todays positives are one getting out of bed for an appointment this morning even though I didnt feel like getting up yet,also ate food regulary throughout the day,also ordered some groceries online,also ordered fish and chips for dinner,also resting again,honestly been feeling tired alot today,not sure if its cause of the antidepressant meds but anyway also had strange dreams last night,but anyway despite feeling tired I still had a reasonably good day today,although tomorow I have a doctors appointment to do with my mental health tomorow to see how Im going since being put on meds,to be honest Im not looking forward to going to that appointment so much so I may change it to next week instead as I still have a lack of transport to get to and from appointments because I as yet still dont have another car to drive but anyway Ill see how I feel in the morning as for tonight well maybe a series on netflix,maybe some music or I might watch some more of the Olympics and eat a chocoalte cheesecake dessert and coffee take care everyone 

Hi @LostAngel,

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I can see you were dealing with tiredness and worry in regards to your doctor's appointment yesterday. It is wonderful that you were able to get out of bed and move through your day in spite of that, as I understand how hard overcoming those feelings can be at times. You have some real inner strength!

How are you feeling this morning?

Heart from cloudcore

thanks @cloudcore slept in this morning as I didnt sleep much last night ,but still got up ,had a shower and just ate a late lunch of hot dogs also watching the Olympics in particular the swimming,but am still in half pjamas lol besides that I decided to detox today from social media and my phone in general unless I choose to call other people,but currently need some alone time to think about what haapend last night to do with someone that caused me an inability to sleep anyway its a fairly good day all in all so thank you for checking in Heart

Hi @Cin 

It’s so lovely to hear from you Heart

Wow! That’s such a wonderful collection of positive achievements!

I love the sound of finding some bargain fruit and vegetables Smiley Happy

Please know that I’m thinking about you too and sending you some very gentle hugs Heart

Take care,

ShiningStar Heart

Awe thank you @ShiningStar l have been struggling and appreciated your message ❤️

Hi @Cin 

It’s so lovely to hear from you Heart

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re struggling and my heart goes out to you Heart

I just ever so gently wondered if there is anything that I can do to support you at this time?  

Please know that I’m thinking of you and sending you some very gentle and caring hugs Heart

Take care,

ShiningStar Heart

Hi @RedHorse 

Wow! Resisting the urge to harm yourself is absolutely amazing Heart

Unfortunately, this is something that I also wrestle with and as such, I can really appreciate what it can mean to be able to keep yourself safe Heart

Please know that you’re always welcome to reach out to us here if and when you need some support Heart

Take care of yourself,

ShiningStar Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance