Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: My exercise thread - let's inspire one another!

I think I am in a funk at the moment. I still went to do laps (60 each time) so I don't think I am being lazy, but afterwards I just want to sleep. Every minute I'm awake, I just don't want to be. 

I'm in trouble with the Mrs today because she found out I haven't been taking my antipsychotic (which puts on a lot of weight) for almost a month. I'm fine, I'm not showing any symptoms except for the funk. I would like to think that if I were taking that particular medication right now, I'd be even more tired as it saps my energy levels and is very sedating.

@Queenie, my swimming coach always told me , if you feel like a sleep after swimming , have a sleep

It was hard for me because I would do 60 laps in the morning but then i did childcare when i got home and I could not just go to sleep ,

and the coach said to have an easy day inbetween so you don`t burn yourself out , an easy day is still go swimming but just do kicking laps

Hello @outlander, @Kurra, @redheaded

Well folks I've lost 3kg! I've also lost 4cm off my waist measurement! Yesterday we aimed for 70 laps, but the chatty neighbour brought her kid to the pool and met us there and we got talking, so only did 45 laps. To make up for it today, we did an hour's bushwalking into a canyon and back up again. 

If I can get my weight right down to 2006 level, I'll start riding again. It will be my long term reward. We passed a country town today that had horse trials on at the moment and I saw all the riders walking the cross country course and the urge came back. I can do this!

Wow thats amazing @Queenie!!!
Well done!! Super proud 😊😊😊😊

hows your exercising been going  everyone? @Queenie@Shaz51@Kurra@redheaded

Holy Crap @Queenie!
2.5km! It takes me an hour to do 1km and I'm flattened by it. I'm impressed!

@outlander, 3 hours a DAY? That's a lot. Perhaps you've set your aims a little high? Also at that level you have to vary your activities to avoid overuse and strain. I used to do that level of activity and you have to be really careful to not get injuries. I got lots of injuries! 😆

I myself have been lazy, but I like the idea of doing exercise regularly again.

i dont do 3 hours a day much anymore @Former-Member 

when i spend the day with my horses i can be there for hours and hours but most of its jsut standing around but we walk them around like puppies or wakl from one end of the driveway to other. i find i do that alot as im at one end of the driveway and other people i talk to are at the other end so i walk my horse up there and then back to her own padock

at the moment though, im lucky to drag my lazy backside outta bed

@Former-Member haha ive just realised what your name means!!! Only took forever but ive just worked it out through a course i was looking at and came up with it and i immediately thought of you! !

ha ha exercise @outlander, @Queenie, @Former-Member, @Kurra, @redheaded , no sorry , is work considered as exercises xx

I'm so glad I made you laugh @outlander!
I'm not sure many people know what it means!! 😜
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance