Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

MyCP
Casual Contributor

Support when needed

I feel sick inside most days. I need my support network nearly every day, Family mostly, but feel like they have had enough. I feel like I should not reach out to them anymore, but then how do I copy without them. I feel like I am going around and around, my moods are so hard to deal with and I am sick of being around my moods too. 

I find walking helps in a natural environment, but I can't walk all day. I find cooking relaxing but then I have to clean up over and over, which takes the edge off the enjoyment. I enjoy pottery but i also have to clean up and then I get all worked up again. I feel things around me have to be in order and clean to find stillness again. You make a mess and you have to clean it up again, around and around again.

So I need to find an out so I don't have to contact my family and I can find some comfort in my environment, so I can do it all again tomorrow and the next day and so on.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Support when needed

Hi @MyCP Welcome! You have come to the right place, we are here to support you. 

Please familiarise yourself with the guidelines 

😊 I find cooking relaxing too but I make so much mess and then feel too overwhelmed to clean up!

Do you have a professional support network, like a psychologist/counsellor? It can be difficult to keep reaching out when you feel like you are burdening your family (even if they don't see it that way) so it can be helpful to have some external supports. I have found it to be useful anyway.

Would you benefit from contacting the SANE support services ?

Thank you for your message! I have had support from professionals over a number of years but have found that when I am down I don't have an appointment and when I am feeling good I do have an appointment and don't feel like sharing my lows as I would like to enjoy my high. Mental health has no appointments, it would be great if you could call up for an appointment on a low day instead of waiting months at a time.  Just trying to find a new way to cope when I am very low so it doesn't impact on others.

Yes that's understandable @MyCP and frustrating isn't it. I guess my thinking is that if you don't share the lows with your health professional, are they getting a true representation of how it is for you? I think of my MH as an ongoing thing that I'll probably have to work on and maintain forever. Easier said than done, I can understand not wanting to face the difficult stuff on your good days 😊  I'm wondering if you can call the support centre on those days or try and get an urgent appointment with your health professional? Sorry I can't be of more help 💝 Hopefully others will pop in with some suggestions 😊

Sounds good to call the support centre for sure and it might be a good thing to try.

Feeling a bit negative about going over my story again and again, it is nice to have one or 2 people that completely know you and you can just pick up from where you left off. I think my low low times come from-going over the same stuff and I need to move forward some how. Not sure really. But thank you!

I'm thinking a peer support worker may also be an option for you? You can find the details here and you shouldn't have to tell your story over and over but I understand what you're saying, that can be tiring. 

There are always people around here and willing to have a chat and we can sit with you during hard times as well. 

I hope that gives you a few things to think about 😊 Take care 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance