Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Introduction

Hello @Oaktree 

I understand your concern and distress. Like you, I find that the price of prescriptions for small numbers of tablets is strange. I know that with pain relief patches, a similar situation exists, where they have to have a new prescription every month. It is not so much the cost of medication, but going to the doctor that often. Lucky that I have a good working relationship with my doctor and I actually don't mind the regular visits. It also means that I am getting that regular review of health markers. Hope that you can sort out a satisfactory arrangement for your medication.

Hoping, also, that your "cut snake syndrome" is easily mended. Have image, in mind, of a snake with a bandage wrapped around its middle.

I'm being a bad lad also. Went to singing tonight (Tuesday night) went and cooked meal and I'm up late and just took tablets that help me sleep. I was yawning during singing, but now feel wide awake - a worry!!!

A friend passed away recently and funeral is this week. We used to spend a lot of time together, and had some good laughs about our "adventures". While his passing was not unexpected, there are some sensitive feelings to be processed. Fortunately, I will be going with another friend with whom I have a very good relationship, so we will be supportive to and for each other.

Look forward to catching up with you again soon. Maybe have a yarn.

With My Very Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Hi @HenryX 

Last week Thursday - Saturday I went on a lovely respite trip to Bridgetown with my mental health organisation. We were there for the country gardens festival. We saw lots of lovely gardens and even had pavlova with whipped cream and strawberries at one. The pavlova was really yummy and is one of my favourite deserts. I like the homemade kind not the dust of the shopbought ones. message you again in a minute on the phone

Back again @HenryX 

So in Bridgetown we stayed at Sunnyhurst Chalets which were really nice. On the Friday night we had dinner at Bridgetown Hotel and I had my usual chicken parmi although if there had have been lambshanks on the menu I would have had those instead. Dinner was nice. The last garden we visited was very interesting. The guy made sculptures out of metal and had a lot of his artwork around the garden. They were for sale as well but the one liked was $800 and I don't have that kind of money to be throwing around. Although if I suddenly won the lotto I might go back and buy it. I enjoyed my time away from home but I think if my health had been better I would have enjoyed it more. 

How are things with you???

Hello @Oaktree 

Sounds great - the trip to Bridgetown. I can understand the feeling of wanting to be well enough to enjoy an activity. On the other hand, part of the reason for going away is to refresh and reinvigorate ourselves. I think it is a bit of a 'circular arguement'

To me, from what you have written, it appears that you enjoyed the trip. I hope that you have brought yourself back with, at least, a little newness of feeling, and haven't left yourself down there.

The art work sounds as though it may have been inspiring. It may allow that extension of self, with some of the ideas, that can be developed at home or in community activities. From what I understand, you do have a somewhat artistic flair.

I have been doing some "boy" stuff, researching the answers to a quesion about planes and flights, posed by another recently returned member. I am not sure if you would be interested. It is about aeroplanes, particularly flying Just before, during and after WW II. If you might be interested, it is on my "Hangar" thread. Since it is just after 1.00 am, I had better take me to bed, and look forward to catching up in the next day or so.

With My Very Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Hi @HenryX 

Hi @Oaktree 

Hope that you are going ok.

I am feeling well, but know that I have to become more active and move toward some productive activity. Went for a swim at the pool on Sunday. I believe that I could feel the beneficial effect on Monday. The pool is open from 12.00 midday. While I should have gone over today, school is out early and don't feel like being among lots of young people while I am exercising. Tomorrow will be good. I have a season ticket, so intend going over to the pool the six days in the week that it is open.

With Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Hi @HenryX 

It feels like forever since I have been online to chat to you for which I am very sorry! Life just got busy. It has been full of ups and downs lately. I have been struggling with my relationship with my psychologist and my last session ended up with me spending nearly a full week in hospital as a result. My psych says that I am emotionally unstable and I guess I would have to agree. My psych is off at the moment isolating for Covid as they traveled somewhere on their leave. I don't have another appointment until the 16th. Not really looking forward to that I must say. 
How have you been? Are you riding your bicycle around town? It's probably too hot now I guess. I miss chatting to you. Please write back and tell me everything that's going on in your world. 

Meggle

Hello @Oaktree 

I am very pleased to hear from you. The difficulty of addressing our own issues and, in doing so, "opening up" to another person, though they may be well qualified and respected in their field, is very difficult. That makes the fact that you have been as open with me, as you have, a mark of considerable respect, for which I thank you sincerely.

It is interesting that you have apologised for not having contacted me because I just said, in the last day or so, to someone else, that there is never a need to apologise. We do what we can, when we can, how we can. Please do not feel that I would expect an apology. Though I do understand the reason that you have offered it and the sentiments that you are offering. For that part, I thank you.

As you would be aware, I am disappointed that you have had some difficulty in your engagement and interaction with your psychologist. When you were in hospital, did you find that the stay, or treatment helped at all?

If there is anything that you feel comfortable discussing with me, I would be pleased to be able to do so. At the same time, I am aware that there may be a wish to not discuss anything in a way that might conflict with any other discussions that you have with anyone else. So I am happy going with the flow in any way that you feel comfortable.

Today we had the Topic Tuesday discussion, on Community, between 4.00 and 5.30. then a few posts and then singing from 7.00 to 8.15 pm. I enjoy the singing, which is still a small group of 7 tonight. It is consistent and very limited stress. In fact, I think that I get about the same from it as I put in, which is a nice balance.

Exercise, Hmmm, really not doing enough. I'm actually finding it hard to get out of the house, even though saying it sounds stupid to me. The really hot burst of weather hasn't helped. But it was the cold weather before. I did go over to Geraldton last Friday. Doctor and other incidentals. Blood test and injection that I have each ten weeks. So, it will be interesting to see how the test results are.

Had lunch with a friend in Dongara last Wednesday and will probably catch up again in a week or so and with their family at Christmas.

It's nearly midnight, so I will post this note. I look forward to hearing back from you

In the mean time

With My Very Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Hi @HenryX 

out shopping and avoiding the heat will respond later

Meggle

Hi @HenryX 

Sorry I never got back to you. It slipped my mind.

Just wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year xxx. 
Sorry I haven't been around much just lately. I hope that you are well.

lots of love,

Meggle xxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance