Skip to main content
Forums Home

Carers Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Useful resources

Highlighted
EOR
Senior Contributor

R U OK?

R U OK day 73675.jpeg

R U OK day-104201_1.jpeg

Did you know it was R U OK day today. Wish people asked me this question (with 5min to spare) before I had a breakdown. So...

R. U. OK?

EOR-Lapses-Tawn πŸ’•

16 REPLIES 16
Senior Contributor

Re: R U OK?

@EOR πŸ™ŒπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Had  been wondering how you have been and what has been happening with you.

Only if you want to share ... 

EOR
Senior Contributor

Really struggling alone here, but keep getting shut out so just wanted to say thanks πŸ’œ

Are you still in the big smoke @EOR or have you moved on?

EOR
Senior Contributor

No Darcy, regional country town atm.

That is huge @EOR, have you found a place to stay?  

EOR
Senior Contributor

Renting a small cottage. I enjoyed reading your info on schizophrenia on another thread (my two brothers have it, quite handful). Have a question, Do U think some personality types are not suited to social media?

Interesting topic @EOR 

There have been studies done in relation to social media and its relationship to relapse prediction as well as social media and its effect on mental health.

I personally am not a huge fan, I am only on one platform, don't post anything and limit friends to family and a very select few close friends.  

I personally prefer one-2-one contact, text, phone, in person.

EOR
Senior Contributor

Thanks, its not ideal. I think BPD me is too fragile for SM. I need to build my real Ife supports somehow. With my only friend in town dying this week, my only outlet is SM and I got badly burnt this week, and relapsing MH. Don't have good dr or psych here yet and I'm scared and numbed by it all. Sobbing now. Please don't tell mod-er-at-ors. Clearly tapped into some past pain. But hey, thanks for letting me say. I only have cheap mobile phone which doesn't help SM either.
Do you think it's weird that not one family member has visited me here since I moved 4months ago? Most only live 4hrs away, they disappoint me. I go there every 2-3wks.
Just bouncing ideas from your level head. You don't have to answer.

@EOR , sometimes a break from SM is necessary for our own well-being. 

So sorry to hear about the passing of your friend πŸ˜”.

Sadly I don't think it is weird that family have not visited. Despite good intentions, the reality for most people who move is that family visits are often few and far between. Finding a caring community at s club or the like that helps give a sense of place can be helpful. We have not long moved ourselves and are now approx 4.5 hrs away from family. Despite them being grateful that we are closer I don't know when they will visit. We physically cannot catch up with everyone when we visit them, not sure how often we will make the trip, was thinking monthly, but will probably end up being every 2nd or 3rd month.

Finding a doc + other supports that match our personalities can be a challenge too. Are you comfortable tapping into phone supports if things are a bit shaky for you until you find someone suitable?

Further information:

For urgent assistance, call: