Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // What gets you stressed over Christmas? // LIVE NOW

@DollFace - you might find this video interesting. I found it very inspiring:

https://youtu.be/Lqor7MtYNXI

Sorry - it's a little off topic 🙂

hello @Shaz51

sorry am i supposed to ask you? i am new at this.

what gets me stressed:

all the hype and lead up to christmas,

extra pressure of what to buy for whom

i have been sheltering myself inside the house for some time now and we have to go to three different houses on christmas day - very draining

1 house - husband's relatives - very judgemental and dont trust them unfortunately so not comfortable for me at all

other house - my sister and mum - my sister is a perfectionist and on time clean up fanatic. so i always feel as though no sooner have we got there than we have eaten formal christmas dinner, pudding and mince pies, opened presents, washed up and it is time to go to the next place.

Hi @Former-Member - Welcome!

So tonight the topic is around what the main concerns are for yourself or your loved one (if you're a carer) over Christmas.

One of the big things that has come up so far is lack of routine - so no set time to get up, go to bed, eat etc and @coffeegirl @Shaz51 @DollFace shared some of the things they might try and use to either replace things in their routine, or to schedule things in.

@DollFace shared that she's going camping and taking her dogs, which is a great way to get time out when you're forced to be surrounded by people!

How about you @Former-Member? What are some of things that have you worried at the moment?

hello @DollFace

yes we live in the hills/country - peaceful - no smog

hello @NikNik

i havent a clue what i am doing laugh i sent my essay off to shaz

hello again @NikNik

my adult son who doesnt live with me in denial of recent diagnosis and not telling us where he is. he has stopped all contact with me because i wouldnt send money. contact with his dad week ago for more money.

so my strategy is try to be happy for everyone else around me

@Former-Member - Wow - more than one place to go on Christmas stresses me out!
Though do you find it helpful that you HAVE to leave your husband's relatives to go to the next place? You have escape plan 🙂

@NikNik

original reply:

hello @Shaz51

sorry am i supposed to ask you? i am new at this.

what gets me stressed:

all the hype and lead up to christmas,

extra pressure of what to buy for whom

i have been sheltering myself inside the house for some time now and we have to go to three different houses on christmas day - very draining

1 house - husband's relatives - very judgemental and dont trust them unfortunately so not comfortable for me at all

other house - my sister and mum - my sister is a perfectionist and on time clean up fanatic. so i always feel as though no sooner have we got there than we have eaten formal christmas dinner, pudding and mince pies, opened presents, washed up and it is time to go to the next place.

I think i have managed to monopolise the forum!!!

Hello @Former-Member, it is great to see you my friend xx

Hi @NikNik, I think if you have sometime on durin the christmas holidaays will make a difference

yes good thinking I will try to remember that in between my breathing
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance