Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // What gets you stressed over Christmas? // LIVE NOW

Hello @coffeegirl, @NikNik

I agree @coffeegirl

1) Not having a usual routine (no work means no set time to get up, go to bed, eat - all things that keep us on track)

2) Normal support people -- we don1t have any support at all

3) Financial  as we are self employed

@coffeegirl , @Shaz51 & @DollFace- you have all mentioned in some way that a change in routine or environment is a concern. 

Are there parts of your current day to day routine that you can maintain over this period? Or swap in an activity that you can add to your daily schedule that will fill the gap of a missing one?

@DollFace is there anything that you do or have at home that helps you that you can take along or strategies that work at home that could work regardless of where you are?

Hello @NikNik

things around he house that needs doing ??

That's really exciting @DollFace Things must be going well with your partner!

Does your partner know about BPD?

My partner and I have some 'codes' when we're out in public or have people over and things aren't going so well. So when certain things are said, I know that he needs time out - so I can take over some of the social stuff and he will do the dishes or just go somewhere quiet.

@NikNik - we haven't quite replaced repetative activities, but we have locked in some things throughout the week that we both enjoy and find relaxing  eg: We have a movie day planned - picked the movie and session time already. He has locked in a day to go golfing. So even though it's not 'routine' having some structure and plans I think will help.

Those are good ideas @coffeegirl, @NikNik

That's really exciting @DollFace

Well my most useful tool has been mindfulness so I guess just being aware of what could possibly be a trigger would help me. I'm also taking my dogs who are my everything so could always take them for a walk if I need some alone time to regroup. Thanks for getting me talking. Never been part of a forum before. It's great! :))

Thankyou for your input! @coffeegirl. Nice to hear from someone's perspective who is on the other side. And good ideas too! :)) My partner has been very good and is always learning things to help both myself and our relationship which I like to think (on my good days haha) is a good thing.

That's great @DollFace
AND you will be around nature - I don't know about you, but I find quietening the mind and practicing mindfulness so much easier out in nature.

hello @NikNik

i have just joined now. I have never done this before hence i clicked on your name and started here.

Yes!!! 🙌🏼 nature girl here! One thing I will say that has helped me immensely is exactly that. I've moved further and further from the city, something I thought I'd never do, that was until I truly started looking into who I really was and why I was the way I am. Nature is awesome!!!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance