Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Healthy Relationships in Lockdown // Tues 31st August, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

Yes get free time after doing things all day and then someone requesting something when you sit down @cloudcore , @Daisydreamer 

Re: Topic Tuesday // Healthy Relationships in Lockdown // Tues 31st August, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

Hi @JungleGiants, you're right, navigating relationships during lockdown can be tricky. We miss those who aren't with us. We will be discussing how to set healthy boundaries and how to spot unhealthy boundaries. This may be useful to consider for both those around you and those you communicate with online. 

Hi @Mezza65 and welcome, so great to see you here 🙂 

That's a really important boundary you have mentioned around doing for others, and one that can impact relationshops. I would be interested to hear more about the role that boundary plays in your life and your relationships 🙂 

I can also see that this is one of your first few posts to the forums, so please feel free to give @cloudcore @tropicalsun or myself a shout out if you need a hand navigating the discussion. We also have a How To Guide: Topic Tuesday if you want any tips 🙂 

I agree @BPDSurvivor , boundaries can definitely provide stability in our life. I know that has been the case for myself, especially when setting boundaries with people around me!

@Shaz51 it sounds like you recognise some of these boundaries, which ones stand out for you? Heart

Yeah 🙂 people contacting me about work or study 

@Shaz51 wrote:

Yes get free time after doing things all day and then someone requesting something when you sit down 

Yeah @Shaz51 ...KIDS! 

But on a more serious note, I totally agree @Shaz51 @JungleGiants . But I've also found that if you set your boundaries early, people learn quickly, and stop bugging you.

Another way we have been taught to set boundaries, is when unreasonable emails come, use the 'Reply All' function to share your response with everyone involved... hope that makes sense.

Ah ha @BPDSurvivor , my elderly mum xx 

@tropicalsun wrote:

To determine boundaries, we need to consider our Personal Boundaries by asking a few questions:

• Where do I begin and end?
  • Where do my responsibility begin and where does it end?
  • What are my needs?
  • What are my values?

I really love these questions @tropicalsun, such a helpful tool for understanding and setting boundaries 🙂 

Question 3: How do you talk about your boundaries with those in your home? What are some communication skills to keep in mind? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance