Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Ask Anything Monday!

also in relation to my above response read how I was feeling the last few days. I believe in myself when I am feeling better so you can do the same. I am feeling better because contributors on this site listened to me, respected me, reminded me that I am valued. we are our own worst enemies at the hardest times when we need to be the strongest for ourselves. read the posts - all the survivors - I wish something like this had been around when I was younger

Hello @NikNik xx

Hello and welcome to the forum ,

I like everyone's advice, they are all soo great ,

you are  valued.my friend xx @Former-Member

Ask Anything Monday banner.png

Happy Monday everyone!

Thanks to @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Former-Member @PeppiPatty @Former-Member @Kurra for responding to last week's question. This week's question is:

How can you reach acceptance and not let depression overtake your life when you have a chronic illness that takes away the quality of your life and is never going to get better just worse?

Hello @Renty

how are you today xx

I see you like the comment , love to hear more from you xx

hope you are ok my friend HeartHeart

Hello @NikNik Smiley Happy

Hello and welcome to the forum

How can you reach acceptance and not let depression overtake your life when you have a chronic illness that takes away the quality of your life and is never going to get better just worse?

To answer one of you questions, you must have many more

I know totally what you mean , I don`t know where you are with your chronic illness , but you take one step at a time , one day at a time , doing research about it is good , what you can do to keep it at bay

To reach acceptance and not let depression overtake your life , is to keep doing things you like doing , being postive , look at what you have , don`t overthink , don`t think  about the future , Look what you have , fill your life with things you love

Happy Monday everyone ,

Thanks to @Shaz51 for your response to last week's question. This week we have two questions. In your responses, please label them #1 or #2 so we know which question you're addressing.

They are:

"Are you OK?" is a question requiring a positive answer as the receiver is aware.  what do you do if you tell someone you are struggling and they tell you that you seem to cope well publicly?

Does going through menopause while dealing with mental health issues make the cracks appear in a long term relationship or just widen the ones that are already there??

Hello @NikNik 

Hello and welcome to the forum

"Are you OK?" is a question requiring a positive answer as the receiver is aware.  what do you do if you tell someone you are struggling and they tell you that you seem to cope well publicly?

That is tricky question as they say, oh you seem to be coping ok and when you start to talk about you struggling they seems to talk about something else or walk away

it depends who you are talking too as well , and you tend to say I am ok , just tired without going into details

Does going through menopause while dealing with mental health issues make the cracks appear in a long term relationship or just widen the ones that are already there??

It could be both Or there is another option that makes your long term relationship stronger

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!

A big thank you to @Shaz51 for responding to last week's questions.

This week's question is straight to the point:

Where do we draw a line on caring for others?

Former-Member
Not applicable

I think the answer to that is also straightforward - when it starts to impact on you and others. You can't help another if you aren't taking care of yourself. You need to be taken care of too. Help as much as you can, and get others involved so that you can take a break.

Hello @NikNik xx

Hello and welcome

I totally agree with what @Former-Member said;

I think the answer to that is also straightforward - when it starts to impact on you and others. You can't help another if you aren't taking care of yourself. You need to be taken care of too. Help as much as you can, and get others involved so that you can take a break.

and Also to have a balance , so you don`t overdo it , to know when to stop and get others to help

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance