Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

outlander
Community Guide

when is it time for hospital

when do you find its time to go to hospital?

im debating whether its the right move for me

5,615 REPLIES 5,615
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: when is it time for hospital

I've been a number of times and half have been really horrible, half have been pretty helpful.
Can I ask why you are thinking hospital? Have you talked to your doctor about it?
What are your pros/cons about going in?
And lastly, I'm sorry and I hope you feel better soon cause if you're considering hospital you must be feeling pretty bad. *hugs*

For me, I knew it was time for hospital when I felt completely overwhelmed and nothing I did could distract me from the intense urge to SH and I prepared a suicide note and had a plan to do it. If you think it's time I would say go. Stay safe @outlander ❤

I wanted to go last year because I didn't "feel safe",when I get distressed and severely depressed with severe SC thoughts.However I have now realised it's hopeless as I would go and feel ridiculous for the waste of resources on me and through experiences "help" makes you 20 times worse.Not to mention that I went into hospital in March for a three hour iron infusion and got a sore bum from the bed and couldn't wait to leave.lol! Most of all I have no faith anyone or their so called qualifications and have been nothing but humiliated by the counseling experience.Today I had one of my bad days where I'm distressed and question why I'm hanging onto a life that most times doesn't exist or is worth saving.I would have to travel hour and a quarter for a hospital as living in a small town,the gossip and my paranoia with privacy would finish me off

hi @STORMGRL101@Former-Member
yes unfortunateley it has gotten pretty bad

my mother is still int he dark about how bad it really is and i dont want to tell her.
the reason im thinking it as i dont really know any other options at the moment
i cant control my SH and its like an addiction
My suicide thoughts are gettin stronger and harder to ignore and i have been at the point where seriously thinking about making a plan and acting on it. even while i havent had a plan ideas have been swirling around
all i see now is SH and ways to do it and ways to cope.
i was going through my strategies today as to how to solve these urges and how to resist them
as iw as going through i could think of many ways i could self harm instead of focussing at the task at hand. everywhere i look theres always something i can find

my urges coem off so strong now that it actually hurts me, it makes me sweat and muscles cramp up and all i can think is i need to release something to help myself

i rung a helpline as i was havign these overwhelming thoughts and stonrg SH urges and do you know what they said to me? contact another helpline
i ahve spoken to my gp and both her, my nurse, and my psychiatrist and previous psychologist said i should be in hospital or something but i cant seem to do it
i had a chance to go to somewhere like what do they call it like a retreat or something
but i turned it down because im not insured and i cant afford it otherwise

even if i wasnt to go into hospital i think i need to do something

i dont kow how to control my distressed state @Former-Member

and i definently get the paranoia and gossip and im pretty sure i would be even more disowned by my family

i cnat bring myself to go but i think i do need abit more help even though i dont want it that much

Yes it's the strong SC thoughts that I feared and at times I feel at peace when I give into the thought of suicide,which my psychologist was concerned about.At times I hear a voice telling me I won't win.Its these concerns that scare you.

@utopia@Former-Member @oceangirl 

im wondering if you could give me some advice?

can you ask a friend or family member to call 000 for you if you cant do it yourself?

can you ask a family or friend to call the hospital for you to see if they can help you just for tonight?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance