Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

scared of losing myself

hi everyone,

lately i have found myself feeling depressed without explination and that when something happens that im spending less time as myself (i have DID) and it scares me that i might have another episode where i switch for more the 2 weeks another problem i have is that one of my alters selfharms and im worried what it could do to me when i dont have someone watching me

3 REPLIES 3

Re: scared of losing myself

Hi @Former-Member,

I don't have experience of DID except a long talk with a man who was diagnosed with this. I found him very consistent and intelligent. Mainly I just wanted to give you a quick response to your post since I came across it. Do you have a psychiatrist you can let know of your current feelings? Or other support people you may have in place to let know that you are feeling this way? What do you think might help you stabilise again? With kind wishes. Maz

Former-Member
Not applicable

I have a psychologist but I don't see her till the second of July

@Former-Member, perhaps consider trying to make an earlier appointment if you can. Writing about how you are feeling here is a great start. I hope some of the DID members might turn up here to reply to you before too long. You probably know some of them already. Maybe you could tag them in here to get their thoughts.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance