Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: dont want to leave room

Hi @TAB. I'm glad centrelink went well and you still have a roof over your head for a few nights - while youvdecide where to go next. Personally I like the suggestion of rehab for a few weeks. If you happen to have private health insurance (a lot of us don't), I know there are some good mental health hospitals that also do drug and alcohol rehab. Maybe you could look into one of those. I do hope you give it some good thought.
I agree with @Appleblossom about not moving in with your dad if it's a stressful place. Nearby, but not close enough for him to walk to your place. Maybe get a share house - with others who don't drink - to help you along in your recovery. First get you right. Then you can sort out a job

..hey??.. Im pretty much an expert re 'Hands' .. just not always with everything or new things at expert professional level which I am at when in familiar territory. Also have uni degree, so it its just the way Im seeing the world at the moment maybe 🙂 am also 'old' so it not skills its me maybe well combination of trying new stuff in new work place plus issues think forgot that

Thanks again, shared accom does not work for me. not that I dont do it. father has his own 3 br house but yes re distance, hadnt thought of that. yes rehab coming to front of mind

Rehab works for some ...

good luck whatever you try.

my way ... was to dive straight into the guts of it and go to Kings Cross ... and make myself see sense .. and stop using ... it didnt fully pay off as I mucked about with it for another year .. but it was the start of the decision .. not to abuse substances ... they are all the same in my book.

At least you have put yourself out there on the forum, hope you continue to find it of value.

Apple

well did do 28 days 10 yrs ago now lol maybe time again or just stop swimming against tide just gets harder as gets older ..der lol

They say one way to get rid of bad habits is to crowd them out with good habits.

hmm. good point. just feeling bit too set upon to do anything atm. big box tick to self for retrieving tools but no sense of relief as have had in similar situations in the past.

Will be doing the Elvis thing soon lol

Hi. 😀 I left motel, put a block on my card re evil landlady. Well I don't owe anything and she had my details and may have had a different take on that. Am 2hrs down the road, making my way to somewhere lol. Got tax refund in bank. Dare I say it, I'm smiling 😀 Thanks for you guys support. I really had myself tied in a knot. Was not even close to a Happy Place

Glad you have left that motel @TAB & that you are on your way 'someplace'. Do you have a plan on where you're going? Take care and all the best
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance