Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: dont want to leave room

..naww.. only -1 tonite in York where I ended up for the last few weeks now with rude sub let woman who owns a few motel units apparently,

@Appleblossom wrote:

hope you can get a home base sorted soon .. its cold out ...

bursts in room ..ok knocked, but its like 'im changing that chest of drawers for a cupboard" no, is it ok, just march in etc, had to empty drawers, how owned is that. wont be here in 2 days, rent paid another 3, well after getting shown good room then taking money etc etc think I said that llol

so are you in UK?

.. WA ..that's in australia.. lol and yes it is that cold

oh I only knew about the one in UK.

Its bloody freezing here ... I'm in Melb. Homelessness in the city is rife .. and breaks my heart as I experienced it as a child and a teen.

Once you establish a centrelink entitlement .. it can be anywhere .. so you dont have to be tied to the town you are in .. if other places would work better.

..anyway I guess the 'blocker' is where to go, what to do after this? def not staying here. should I ask my 92 yo father if he would let me stay with him? he did seem to really like our time together at xmas, well despite the arguments, or go to kalgoorlie again to try and get casual day work

think may have to bite the bullet and detox/rehab lol ..'stuff' really aint working atm lol 

bloody poms. 🙂 and thx .. main issue besides feeling like I do, is accomodation. the old Maslows thing that someone told me about once, inbetween throwing me out of their unit ..lol

yes its terrible to have been or be homeless. my parents never seemed to get on or have much money, and probably the worst thing my father used to do was things like getting dropped off 10kms from home and having to walk home as it got dark, the garden hose etc. I joined the Army to get away from them and thought I was peasing him. anyway. long time ago. my 'worthless' button is still a bit too easily accessible tho 🙂

the sins of the father and the mothers ... the sad thing is that it is usually due to them having an even tougher life ...

so that said ... I wouldnt go for living with your dad ... too much like a bandaid .. but maybe close enough ... so that you can have boy-play-fight then retreat to your own place ... just dont over do the playfights ... no serious wounding etc.

BTW what sort of tools were they ... what are you handy at ... my brother wanted to build his own place .. with his own hands ... and I know a guy who put up a couple of strawbale homes last year.

I always focus on strengths ... hey we all know we all got weaknesses.

I have  been told am no good at stuff for most of my life. Some people really took this piss in the guise of helping me in the past, including relatives... maybe thats what set me off, that idiot who was not talking reality at work the other week, tried to treat me like a child, after deciding my first 'go' at something (really difficult) was substandard. He was trying to put me in my place.rather severely.

Tools.. I am a boilermaker work in mines mostly, so nothing special. 🙂 maybe I should build a straw house .. but the way I am going I wont ever own anything except a car maybe. I think I try to reach out to materialistic people when I am not capable of hanging onto what sums I do earn when well. I can see through people easily enough sometimes, but struggle to deal with putdowns when I put myself in their world

so, it can get a bit lonely

I had a lot of fun times reading books with my little brother about doing the self build.  in some ways it cn seem an impossibility than in other ways .. maybe not ... whatever ... just talking about the gamut of conversations ... maslow had a few good ideas ... in terms of heirarchy of needs.

I am a life long learner ... never know it all til we die ... I hang out with a wide group of people education wise .. lots of tertiary teachers ... etc ... but I am an old lady now .. and I only respect those who also see themselves as life long learners ... I have been burnt by arrogance and materialistic types a few times and seen my siblings burnt by them too ... so Now I reserve my respect for those humble enough to admit they dont know a thing occasionally ... otherwise .. if they cant do that ... I MAY TREAT them with respect .. but in my internal thinking they have lost it.

Bla Bla ... thats me ... I know a few good with the head .. but hopeless with the hands .. dont underestimate yourself .. and I think you are right to expect a bit more patience in a new job ...

cheers Apple

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance