Skip to main content
Forums Home

Lived Experience Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Highlighted
New Contributor

Separation

I met my husband in 2012, we married 2014 and one month later I was diagnosed Bipolar after years of depression and not being able to find a happy ok medium.

Fast forward to today and my marriage is over. 5 years of hell and turmoil has taken it's toll. We separated in January because I made him leave but against my better judgement, we tried again. It's just too hard to work with.

I am currenyly rapid cycling after being stable for a couple of months after a med change. I see my mental health clinician tomorrow morn.

I will be ok. Just needed to tell it to someone. 

3 REPLIES 3
Dec
Senior Contributor

Re: Separation

Hi @Kelbel75 

Welcome to the forum family - hopefully you can find some support and even on-line friendship here - people are very sensitive and help people whenever we can

I separated from my husband after over 23 years of marriage - 30 years ago this year - I can assure you that things have been much better than before the separation but for a couple of years I found it very hard - and understand what you are saying - 

It must be worse with bipolar - it's necessary to make a new life and that can be hard - 

I do wish you the best with your interview tomorrow and I really hope you can find the easier way of life eventually - it's there - it's not easy to find

All the best - 

Dec

Hi @Kelbel75 , welcome to the forum.  I hope your appointment went well.  I was diagnosed with bipolar a bit of a year ago.  I haven't gone through rapid cycing.  I had a pretty bad manic episode, but, have been pretty stable since.  I am sorry to hear about your troubles, but, its alright to let it all out, hoefully it helps Smiley Happy

Welcome @Kelbel75, thanks for sharing with us Heart

Further information:

For urgent assistance, call: