Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Self-Care with major Physical illnesses

@Adge 

Can I check what your current work situation is?

Disability Support - with the most challenging behaviours (clients) that there are @Former-Member

This post took me over 20 minutes to write (type) - as I have Dyslexia (& Chronic fatigue due to Sleep Apnea, to name a few).

Typing or texting is extremely challenging (often impossible) when tired.

Frequent verbal & physical aggression (by clients, towards staff), many injuries directly caused to me (by clients) over the years.

Part-time, with highly-variable (constantly-changing) working hours & client - which is a major source of stress, for those who work with that system.

Far more physically & emotionally draining, than the working hours would indicate - even for workers who do not have chronic physical illness (or health conditions), as I have.

As someone once said to me - I spend at least 40 to 50 hours per week (mental efforts & thoughts of) directly related to the disability job - which is only paying (giving) me 15 hours per week income.

Not equitable.

I was regularly working (getting) close to 30 hours per week - until the Work Fleet cars were sold (12 months ago), & staff were expected to volunteer the use of their own private vehicle (at their own cost).

Directly due to the NDIS.

Back at work tomorrow - will not be able to post much, until the weekend.

Adge

Hi everyone@Shaz51 @greenpea

I finally found (tried) a GP - to see if I could get these issues taken seriously.

Instead of "explained away" or ignored by the Locum Dr, as happened last year - Locum Dr simply left Stitches as they were, untreated.

The Dr had me book a “Minor Procedure” appointment, to see if he can remove my internal stitches (sutures) that are sticking out. Or whether I need to be seen by a Surgeon again.

That appointment will be in a few day's time.

The Dr finally identified (saw & acknowledged) the stitches – when the Locum Dr (last year) claimed that he could not see or feel the stitches (sticking out).

I have to somehow get a pile of blood tests - including a Fasting Blood test.

When I’ve always left for work, before the Pathology Centres Open.

It's a Comprehensive Health Check range of blood tests (thingy).

Fasting (no Breakfast) leaves me Dizzy & nauseous – so may have to Do or attempt it next Saturday morning (& so miss Yoga class).

Then more tests to find solution to Bladder (& P) problems - sometime after that.

Adge

ohhh thinking of you lots @Adge Heart xxxxxx

i have my kidney checkup on thursday and my eye checkup on friday 

Thanks @Shaz51 I'm wishing you the best with your kidney checkup & eye checkup.

It would be great if you get some encouraging results & improvements, if possible.

I'm hoping the same for myself - medical issues have become more complicated, needing more follow-up, & yet more tests.

Largely because I was not taken seriously (was ignored) - last time I presented with physical health concerns (to a Dr).

You have just reminded me @Shaz51 I think I was supposed to get my eyes tested (last year) as well....

Adge

Keep in touch my awesome friend @Adge  xxxx 

You seem so good at "following things through" (up) @Shaz51 I know it takes a lot of effort.

I need to take some example (courage) from that.Smiley Very Happy

Yes, I have not written much (or often) on forums recently - I have been feeling discouraged by life & medical (health) issues.

I shall try to "express (write) more", when able.

Adge

@Adge  Hi Adge am really hoping your gp can take out the stitches so you dont have to see surgeon again. Let us know how it goes. Love peaxxx

Thanks @greenpea

Thanks @Shaz51

I had a minor surgery with anaesthetic, this afternoon - as the stitches were internal (poking out), not external skin stitches.

Dr said he could not manage to remove either of the stitches (he tried to).

Instead he gave one stitch a trim, to stop it spiking me, then closed back over - with new stitches that Do Need Removing.

So feeling woozy (local anesthetics do that to me).

So far, I don't have to go back to see a Surgeon - as long as this heals up okay, & doesn't cause me further problems.

So far it has been hurting me for 11 months (since soon after last surgery).

Next a Pile of Fasting Blood Tests - the fasting makes me dizzy & woozy.

I could not get that done this week (any morning) - because I leave for work too early.

So it will have to ruin my Saturday morning instead, & make me miss my Yoga class...

Adge

My back neighbour who I'm friendly with, said that I shall have to get the stitches attended to by someone else, further follow-up – perhaps a new Referral back to the Surgeon.

As they cannot (should not) simply be left like that – one stitch simply pushed back inside (underneath), & the other stitch still protruding through the skin.

I have no idea what action to take at this stage.

As I was expecting the situation to be resolved - with no need for any further medical referrals or procedures.

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance