Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Self-Care with major Physical illnesses

@Adge, that might be something your go can easily see to, if the site has healed but old stitches remain.

See previous post.

It was the GP I saw - who has done a minor surgery procedure, with no positive result.

He was unable to remove the protruding stitches - so has left it largely as is.

This is the 2nd time seeing a Dr for this.

That is why the nill result is unacceptable.

Adge

Hi everyone.

Dr’s Surgery is now: -

“Stand behind Yellow line, one metre away from reception desk”.

Reception quizzes you about whether you have a fever, coughing or sneezing etc – then you are ordered to wear a face mask (if you have).

Overwhelming, considering the current medical issues.

I have very high blood pressure (hopefully temporary) – so Dr has called me back to test it again, etc.

Dr wants me to take Anti-diarrea meds every day (daily), as a preventative – to see if it reduces my Gut Pain & frequency (4 times at least per day).

Which is from/ due to the 4 Bowel surgeries, & Irritable Bowel Syndrome (caused by surgeries).

Dr would not do a Referral to Surgeon (for investigation), as he claims it’s unnecessary.

He opened me up (local anaesthetic), then said that he cannot remove the internal stitches.

GP Dr hopes that the remaining stitch ruptures will clear/ heal on their own - when, after 12 months they have not.

They have remained exactly like that (with no change), for almost 12 months - they are still protruding through skin.

Exhausted & bewildered…..

Several hours at the Dr's surgery.

I need to Re-Group, before finding energy & resolve to seek further treatment (options).

Adge

Hi everyone.

If I'm not Tagging anyone - probably no-one will read this.

Tagging is beyond my capabilities, at the moment.

I now have more medical issues to add to my chronic illnesses.

I've got on-going very high blood pressure (that won't come down).

Dr said I need to reduce my stress levels – to try to lower my blood pressure.

I have no idea how to do that, other than maybe frequent relaxation exercises - Dr suggested, but gave no examples.

Will start medication (today) for prostate problems (which also lowers blood pressure) - then blood pressure meds as well, if that is not enough.

My Disability work may shut down (due to cancellations & restrictions), by the end of this week - I earnestly hope not.

Thinking of you people....

Adge

Hugs and hugs @Adge Heart

@Faith-and-Hope , @greenpea , @Former-Member , @Former-Member 

From me too @Adge  .... 💕

hello @Adge , how are you going my friend Heart

Hi @Shaz51 Thanks for your interest, checking in on me.Heart

You also @Former-Member definitely.

Well at least my Blood Pressure has come down a bit (visit to Dr 3 days ago) - with some medication.

I'm deaf in one ear (past few weeks) - yukky oily eardrops made it worse.

Then Dr will flush my ear wax out (on Tuesday), with syringe.

The Prostate medication is helping with my Bladder problems - so it's nice to not have to run to the loo in the middle of the night (so often).

I haven't got as far as any Job Applications yet - I'm rather Burnt-Out, & need some Break (rest) 1st.

A bus tour trip down south (Busselton, Albany, etc) would be lovely - I really do need to get away somewhere.

Travel down there has now been allowed (okay), for the past 2 weeks - yet but tour trips are still not running (closed), until August.

Adge

unnamed (2).gif

Oh dear @Adge @@,  you're officially in-the-wars 💙  - burnout,  Blood pressure , deaf in one ear - yukky oily eardrops, bladder problems... Sheesh! Guess stress can have ea bad affect on the body, and you've been through so much. At least some medication is helping by soundof sit...  thank goodness. I sbsolutely support you not looking for work for a while. Just get lots of rest for a while. Hope you can make some sort of a trip away when ya feeling better... dust off a few  cobwebbs. You've earned it.  Could you drive - do a roadtrip? But who would mind your birds? Anyway, take it easy for a while Adge 🐦💙

ohhh @Adge sending you tender hugs and hope you feel better soon 

not that great here either my friend with infectiond , getting there very slowly 

hello and Hugs @Former-Member , @Faith-and-Hope@greenpea , @Former-Member Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance