Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Need to vent

hi friends @BPDSurvivor @Shaz51 @Emelia8 @Eve7 @oceangirl @HenryX @MDT @Sophia1 @Anastasia and   Others 

I've got a hernia 

the radiographer told me 

it's painful 

scans and report going to my GP and gastroenterologist tomorrow 

will now see what happens next 

surgery???

im not doing good 

Exhausted after seeing my psych 

I'll write about that later or tomorrow 

speaking to my gastroenterologist tomorrow at 9am. 

Ouch, you're right @BlueBay hernia's are quite painful.  My brother has one, but they like to wait until they are a certain size before they will operate.  His is borderline, or it was last year anyway.  But it has gotten worse for him, and he is due for another review.  I suspect that surgery will be recommended this time.

A busy day for you today by the sounds of things.  I always find psych visits exhausting and mentally draining.  So rest up tonight and see how things go tomorrow.

Emelia

Thanks for letting us know @BlueBay 

You would e feeling very drained

rest as much as you can. The positive outcome is that they have listened to you and found result.  You are being looked after. Remind yourself of that. Time for a good book or some of your interests. Take care. Keep in touch 💗💕💜

Hi my beautiful friends @Sophia1 @Emelia8 @BPDSurvivor @Shaz51 @Eve7 @MDT @HenryX  @oceangirl 

so yesterday I saw my psych. She is amazing. She looked at my previous files of meds to see what she can prescribe they wouldn't have more side effects. 

we talked about two different meds and their effects. 
we've decided to go with sn oldie but it won't have any effects in sleeping or weight. 
but it does have a few effects like agitation etc. if that happens I need to ring her or the CAT team. 
im starting it on Monday. I also went tiday to my physio regarding my back and hips. He is happy with progress. 
I then bumped into my GP and he saw scan and report of hernia. He said I do need surgery and if pain gets worse over weekend I need to go to Ed. 
seeing him Monday for referral to surgeon 

hope everyone is doing ok xxxxx

hey @BlueBay
Just taking it easy here - navigating bureaucracy which is great fun
figuring out stuff basically lol

I am glad you have a good session with psych. You've had a lot going on lately and I always like to hear how things are going on your end

Take care my friend

Hello @BlueBay 

That has certainly been an eventful time for you.

It is so important that you have a good rapport with your therapist and that sounds as though you are going to find much support and progress there..

Running into physiotherapist and then doctor as well..

I think that you might have hit the guiness book of records if it still exists laugh...

Books seem to be dwindling sadly...

Definitely not in my world...

You  have a strong team of medical  support and all joking aside....that is very hard to come by..

That tells me that they all believe in you and know that you need some support..

This is a great turn around for you in such a short time.

The fact that surgery and possibly emergency department are imminent has been explained to you therefore you can have a small packed bag ready.,

Phone charged..

Well done @BlueBay this has not all just come together through luck..

This is about you not giving up on yourself...

You explaining clearly your needs..

You can do it......

I am very proud of you..

Look after yourself in the meantime....know all night partying now laugh...

rest and feel supported...

proud

Sophia 💜

@BlueBay , at least you're in good hands!

Sounds like you accomplished a lot. Well done!

I hope your hernia gets seen to in a timely manner.

All the best.

Do you have any plans for today?

BPDSuvivor

It's funny @Sophia1  i remembered what you said the other day about asking questions. I did - with the radiographer and yes he explained it in detail while showing me on the screen. 
@BPDSurvivor @HenryX @Emelia8 

@Shaz51 @MDT 

omg the noise 

at hairdressers 

can't handle all the noise 

I need to get out but I csnt 

just breathe 

look out the window to the beach 

distract distract 

I really haven't missed all this noise 

@BPDSurvivor @Sophia1 @MDT @Emelia8 @Shaz51 

Hey @BlueBay hairdresser are noisy places eh! And I hate sitting there having to look at myself for ages in that mirror! I always end up scrolling socials or playing a game.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance