Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Mental health/unrealistic obsessions

@Jkate  you wrote

"Yeah bit of a rough time, back to the stage of being looked at like you are the most hated person in the world and being yelled at for simple things like yawning.  He went ballistic the other night over nothing at all, to the point of him threatening to run away again." 

@Carlachris has your man ever done this?  I know he gets obsessed with things.

Mr Darcy doesn't get angry, his running away was more delusional - thought living homeless on charity was desireable. 

My darling husband hates people so even the kindest nicest person can be in the firing line of his intense verbal hatred. I have learnt the art of profusely apologizing for his behavior without him knowing otherwise I am the target of not being loyal to his paranoid delusion. He did run away as a 15 yr old and lived homeless and as a derelict for several yrs on the street. But as I remind him that was nearly 35 yrs before we met 12 yrs ago. I wish sometimes I could rub out his baggage of abuse in history with an invisible eraser. But then I think it has also made him my beautiful loving husband from beneath the MI.

I know that feeling of intense hatred in the eyes of our loved ones. That’s when I realize it is not him. It is his MI....it still hurts like hell but it’s separate from my loving husband. I hope it is for you as well. Gentle hugs. 🌼

How are you going @Jkate?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance