Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Maud
Contributor

Husband won’t accept help

My husband has been in mental decline for most of this year and it has increased this past couple of weeks. At the mere mention of a GP he becomes erratic and is paranoid so believes I am, in his words, dangerous. I asked him to leave home but then realised that that sent him into even further erratic behaviour. He was raised catholic but in our 20+ yrs together hasn’t been in any way religious and is now telling me he has had a religious awakening 4 years ago and that God is talking to him and showing him the future. He said he has no time to discuss our relationship because he is busy doing important things for God under the guise of his business which isn’t off the ground yet nor has investment. I have asked him to return home tomorrow in the hope of just keeping him safe and calm but beyond that I don’t know what to do and I’m terrified of what the future holds. Any advice is appreciated

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Husband won’t accept help

Hey @Maud ,

How are things going with your husband? How are you?

Re: Husband won’t accept help

Hi and thank you for asking. He went overseas to his home country and is living there. His family are trying to get him to see a doctor but for the most part he’s ok. He is pursuing a business idea which means no income and no support. I’ve started the new year in a positive mindset just trying to get on with my life. It’s hard to accept that I can’t help and have been reduced to a bystander waiting to see how it unfolds. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance