Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

ConfusednTired
New Contributor

Forgetting People

So I've always been a forgetful person and I forget objects or people I don't know well quite frequently, but lately I've noticed that I've been forgetting my boyfriend on some level. He lives about an hour away from me so I only get to see him around once a week which has always been fine in the past, but these past few weeks I've noticed that when he comes to visit after a week of not seeing him, I feel like in that time I've forgotten him much like the way you forget an old friend you haven't spoken to in years or a passed away loved one. You know how you still remember the person and you know who they are and about they're life but for some reason the essence of that person has seemed to slip from your mind. I know who my boyfriend is but it's felt lately like every time I see him after a week that I find myself having to take time to get used to him and remember him and let my brain process him and accept that this is the person that I've been dating for a year and a half. I don't really know how to describe it. I can't fully grasp what's helping in my mind when all this is happening, and I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. When I asked my boyfriend he said it made sense and it was valid but that he'd never experienced it before. I guess I just want to hear from someone who has experienced this to make me feel not so different and to kind of explain they're experiences with it. If it helps in understanding the situation I have PTSD, depression, and anxiety. Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Forgetting People

Hi @ConfusednTired

I'm Arie one of the moderators on the forums.

Firstly, welcome to the forums. The Sane forums are a are a place where you can share your expereinces and find support in other members. I have linked the community guidelines here for your review.

Again welcome and happy posting!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance