Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Smc
Senior Contributor

Re: D.I.D....

Hubby's taking Older Daughter into hospital. SH while dissociating again. 😞

The psych nurse vetoed an ambulance... which as such I agree with. It's not right tying up ambulances when there's others needing it more, and I suspect that they're trying to dissuade her from constantly turning up at hospital with minor illnesses or self inflicted injuries. We try very hard to talk her out of both ourselves. But Hubby's tired, and she hasn't got any private transport available. Her brother hasn't passed his P's yet, and I don't want her behind a wheel. I could see that getting very dangerous. She does have enough cash on her for a taxi home, so at least we should be in bed at a normal-ish time.

I can't see her restricting her "emergencies" to daytime hours when there's public transport, and if Hubby has taken his nighttime medication, he's not safe to drive, and I don't have a licence. So if refusing to send out an ambulance becomes the usual protocol, this could get "interesting" in all the wrong ways. They have in the past paid for a taxi for her to come in instead, but apparently didn't offer that either this time.

Smc
Senior Contributor

And other news- Hubby's DSP application didn't get approved.

So today, he tried to do some woodworking, to make a cabinet that would help him keep his workspace in order.  Things didn't go smoothly, and by lunchtime he was stressed out and almost in tears. I suggested we put off going to my sister's place to slash her grass until later in the day so he had time to settle. After lunch, we tried to find a missing power tool he needed for the cabinet. Ended up me looking, because he couldn't deal with it. Found it somewhere not altogether unreasonable, but not quite where we were expecting. (Yay!) Meanwhile he'd retreated to the bedroom to get some time out and settle down. Headed out to do the slashing, as we were finishing up Older Daughter rang us wanting a lift into hospital over a couple of things that didn't sound like emergencies. My sister's place is an hour away from the hospital... talked her into going to the doctor tomomorrow. Or so we thought. She rang again as we were driving home saying she'd SH'd and an ambulance was on its way... but then that was rescinded as per above post. 😞

So the news that he'd missed the DSP came on a day that kinda confirmed his need for it. As much as we're tired of the whole thing, looks like we'll need to go through the appeal process. ...meh...

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Smc  🙏

Smc
Senior Contributor

Update.... yesterday's Centrelink letter was all about changes to Hubby's Newstart requirements, in great detail.

Today there were another three letters, confirming that DSP has been granted.

So I'm thinking what's happened is that the earlier part of the application process triggered a reduction in Newstart requirements pending the outcome of the DSP assessment. Whew... that's a bit of pressure of Hubby (and me), but seriously, slightly better communication channels could save a lot of unnecessary stress.

Sounds like a bumpy couple of days @Smc 

Thinking of you especially at the moment. 

Good news about the DSP being approved.

Mail trail does not sound at all surprising... 

Darling refuses to open centrelink mail now for this reason. 

Smc
Senior Contributor

@Determined, the fact that it's an "email-trail" is a bit ???. They can't even use the excuse that it got lost in the bottom of someone's out-tray.

Aarggh.... rant over. Life goes on with one less bit of stess.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Smc 

DSP approval = 🙌

Good news about the DSP being approved. @Smc HeartHeart

Smc
Senior Contributor

Older Daughter had a double whammy SH/SI last night. Got a phonecall sometime between 3 and 4 am, didn't sleep for a bit after that and only fitfully the rest of the night. We picked her up this morning and got her safely home, and tried to make sure that the "items of choice" were removed or otherwise made unavailable to her.

We had been planning on a "look after ourselves" day out today. By the time we dropped her off at home it was lunchtime, and a bit late for what we'd intended, so we revised plans to a more nearby lunch stop. Feeling somewhat better by the time we got home, but sooo tired. Hope tonight's more restful, for all concerned.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance