Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Changing meds

Hi again @WIP ... I was wondering if you'd like the various threads about dogs that pop up when you type 'dogs' into the search bar? (Sorry if they've been suggested to you before)

@Zoe7 It really was a traumatic experience, that I keep Having flashbacks to.  I hope they settle down quickly & I can just keep

reminding myself of the small gestures the other officer offered - eg, he could see how distressed I was about leaving my puppy alone, he made sure

food & water was out & his bed was set up

properly.

thanks for listening to me, and just sitting with me for awhile 💙

I can imagine how hard that was @WIP I could not leave my fur babies either without making sure they are looked after first as they are my world and always come first. I had a similar scenario when two officers turned up at my door. Luckily it was a welfare check and they knocked on the door before anything else - and the concern was diffused quickly - but it was traumatic just having them turn up so I can only imagine how much worse it has been for you.

Give that precious baby of yours a massive hug from me ...and one to you too Hon Heart

Humbly getting by
Or trying to @WIP
Thanks my friend

Thanks @Zoe7 .

i still don't even understand why/how it became a section 531 & wasn't a welfare check, when both mum and I asked the police about it.  Doing research under the Mental Health Act, I'm even more confused.

i issued a formal complaint against the officer today. Not expecting anything to come

from it, apart from him thinking twice the next time he has a call to a mentally ill person.

i can't give Levi a hug atm, he's bouncing all around the place, as I didn't take

him for a walk to burn off energy. Melbs is freezing today.

We can help each other get by @MDT 

@WIP
🙂

Sounds good my friend. I can tag you at my thread if you want. But it's a bit long and heavy.

I do hope something comes of the complaint @WIP It is sometimes the only way to call out bad/inappropriate/stigmatising behaviour and make those serving the public (you) both more aware and accountable. As you said, if it only asks this officer to think about their actions and how better to approach and deal with someone with a MI then that is a good thing. Whilst you going through all this is extremely difficult - maybe the silver lining may be that the next person in a similar situation is treated with more respect because of your complaint.

When Levi stops bouncing all around the place then give him a pat from me and Tobes. Toby is presently laying in the kitchen watching Cat eat her biscuits ...then he will lick her bowl clean of any miniscule amount of biscuit he can find - my living rubbish bin lol

@MDT  Yes please

Hi @WIP 

So sorry to hear about your struggles. Changing meds is a time of high risk for me. A couple of times it's lead to hospital admissions. It's a very tough time. It's been worthwhile though. I did get through it. I hope the moderator is able to help.

i am thinking of you at this horrible time. Virtual hugs, wishing you peace and good sleep.

WriterMelb

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance