Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Cookie42
Contributor

Bad day today

Was struggling so much today. Went to work after 4 hrs sleep only stayed for a couple of hrs and went home and slept. Am so sad and suicidal but so tired to do anything. Am just all over the shop. Cant handle today 😕
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bad day today

Hi @Cookie42 - Welcome to the forums! 

Sounds like it's a tough night for you, I hope you can find the forums a safe space for sharing more about yourself. What do you find helps when you're feeling this way? 

I saw earlier you like reading, are you reading anything at the moment?

I cant getting into reading. I cant concentrate. This is doing my head in. I didnt go to work today and havre tomorrow of. Went to the doctors and said i have a cold which i do. I have a headacheci cant get rid of and body aches and sore throat and just sleep for hours. I am just very sad

Hi @Cookie42

I'm so sorry to hear that things are rough at the moment. Things are always compounded when we're physically unwell too. It's the last thing you need!

I wanted to let you know that I have moved this discussion topic to an area where it will be easier for others to find.

Don't be too hard on yourself - it sounds like your body needs a rest. Once that passes, it might be a better time to tackle the emotional stuff.

Did your GP give you something to help with your physcial symptoms?

No just to rest and panodol and i have another day off tomorrow coz i knew i probably wont feel like it.

@Cookie42
Well I'm glad you're taking the time you need to rest. Snuggle up with a hot drink, panadol and maybe a good TV show as a distraction?

Ok so i am still sick coz over the wkend i drank way to much and ending up punching a wall but it has made me realise i need to stop drinking for abit until i can control my feelings. Had therapy today which is always hard and i hate but i go every fornight and i get that it will help in the end

@Cookie42
Stopping the alcohol will really help with your mood control, in the long run.
I found I couldn't keep my depression under control when I drank. And then the more depressed I got, the more I drank. It's a cycle.
Can you have a few weeks off the grog? Then see how you feel.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance