Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Dothemo
Senior Contributor

At my wits end due to anxiety

I'm experiencing a return of anxiety, light headedness and full hypochondria. I don't know if it's some sort of Benzo class drug withdrawal wave, my antidepressant, my natural condition or a serious disease. I feel at a loss of who to turn to because I feel the doctors I see can't help and don't understand me. They don't even do proper exams, I'm lucky if they take my blood pressure. Is there others in this boat? I'm 7 months out from a Benzo class drug withdrawal apart from one and last rescue dose last Tuesday taken due to catastrophic panic. I feel helpless.
5 REPLIES 5
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: At my wits end due to anxiety

Hi @Dothemo

Ive been thinking about your situation. I was wondering who prescribed your antidepressants because if it's your GP then you could raise all the issues on this post. Maybe it's worth writing it in a letter to give them saying you would like s full physical too. I used to see a GP who wouldn't do tests either. I changed them and on the first set of tests they discovered I was very low in vitaminD and too high in calcium. It turned out I had a small medical issue as well which was then corrected by surgery.

I think if you know it's not right then it's worth fighting for. In the end it would help your anxiety if you could rule out other things and find out what if happening. 

Wishing you all the best. 💜🤗💐

Hi @Former-Member thank you for the reply and advice - you might be right, a medical thing may be making this worse. I saw another doctor today and I actually have a middle ear infection but she also said I may be having some sort of hypoglycemic attacks causing the panic attacks so I'm getting a diabetes test.

I just feel so depressed about everything though. So, defeated and futile. Anyways, thanks again for the reply and sorry I took days to acknowledge it.

Hi @Dothemo

Glad to hear that the new doc has looked at other possible issues to explain your symptoms. Its true that ear infections can be nasty little things that make people dizzy and feel generally unwell and achy all over!

So I certainly hope you are feeling better tonight Smiley Happy

Thanks @Scout much appreciated. The antibiotics are working.

have you brought up your concerns with your psyciatrist?  They are a medical Dr as well and would be well versed in physical conditions which can exacerbate mental illness.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance