Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!

@cutiepiekitty 

They dont have the reuseable ice cubes here nor the stick ones.

Bizarre as it is qld theyd sell like hotcakes here

Good morning everyone thought I would get in first and say a big morning Hi to all the formites who pass this way today. Am sitting at computer listening to Breed by Nirvana with fur baby by my feet :D. Kidults are still asleep. Gently raining. Hoping everyone has a super pea Saturday!xxxx

Hi @greenpea !!  Good on you for being here before me ... just been diddling around catching up on some of what's been happening here while I was absent.  Trust you're enjoying your quiet start to the day still.

Good morning all ... @Former-Member @Maxi7 @Adge @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @MDT @saturnzoon @BlueBay @oceangirl @Exoplanet @Lauz @nashy @s-jay @Faith-and-Hope @CheerBear @Appleblossom @Teej @eudemonism @Gazza75 @TAB @Smc @Former-Member @Maxi7 @Molliex @Meowmy @Judi9877 @Angels333 @cutiepiekitty @outlander @GieEuphoria @JosRapp @simontemplar  @silverspoon @frog @Sans911 @Snowie @Former-Member @Maggie  and welcome to those who are new or whom I've not met yet.  Sorry to anyone I've missed.  I'm still pretty brain fried this morning.

Hope today is starting gently with you all, as it is here despite me being  pretty churned up overnight.  

I had a big week with my adult child and 2 grandchildren here for a few days.  We had a lovely time together and I miss them now.  Have been completely exhausted since they left and will catch up with some do-nothing time today.   Also had a drama next door flare up last night which unsettled me in a major way.

Looking forward to hearing what some of you have been up to and what you have planned for the weekend, or just hanging out here together today.  Take care all.

Image result for hot drink pictures

Gday, @eth

Im just watching Fawlty towers atm. Then heading out later today.

Sounds like a happy way to start the day @MDT .  Have a nice outing.

It always amazes me how well Fawlty Towers has lasted, especially as so few episodes were ever made - something like only 14 I think.

Indeed @eth
Lots of British comedy is timeless like that.
It's rainy here today. Will go and get take away brekky I think. Bring it back. Not in the mood to cook or make anything this morning.
Much planned for you tiday?

Just catching up on rest and domestics for me @MDT   This is my first home alone day since Monday.  If I really get my act together I'll do some bridge practice today or tomorrow.  

Ah yes @eth
Bridge.
Ive never played it actually

It's a very challenging game to learn @MDT .  Like learning maths formulae, another language (that of the bidding and contracts), and counting the cards that have been played already continuously .... all at the same time.  I have a regular partner but she was away for the English summer and whilst we did meet for brunch since her return almost a month ago, we have not yet had a bridge practice.  I'm starting to wonder if maybe she's found a new, more competitive partner.  It wouldn't really bother me if she did.  I have also been accepted into her writing group and am looking forward to meeting up with them in the next couple of weeks sometime.  I have plenty on my plate to contend with already at the moment.  But I do know that the bridge is fantastic for improving my memory and cognitive learning ability after many years of them both being compromised by my mental health and I would like to continue to play socially at some stage.

Hope you found a yummy brekky out there in the world!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance