Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Musical stuff

hello @Former-Member & others in this conversation

love both of those bands

rolling stones

cream

led zeppelin

the who

the animals

eurythmics

dire straits

rod stewart

david bowie

sting

u2

bob dylan

ronan keating

john legend

jimmy barnes

many more

classic music, all string instruments and wind instruments

opera

some country music

some folk and alternative music

some rap and hip hop

Former-Member
Not applicable

@april

nina simone

Former-Member
Not applicable

hello @PseudoPsycho

oboe love this instrument and the beautiful sounds that come forth - how lucky you are to have such talent

Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20170308_015527.png

JUST HAD TO SHARE IT @Appleblossom@Kurra, @Former-Member, @Decadian. and all musical buffs out there. Have a great day today!!! 

That's a wonderful image @Former-Member. Thanks for sharing. 😅🎶💕
Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20170308_053238.png

@Former-MemberMy tastes range similarly.  @Former-Member Great jokes!

Tipping more to Opera and Baroque and early music lately cos thats what I am doing.  

Never used to like listening to opera .. but its heaps of fun doing it .. .sorry folks .. selfish me ... had enough intensity to get me laughing about drinking songs etc .. and the follies of love without getting ..

sentimental or self righteous.

Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20170308_214743.png

Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20170308_220103.png

IMG_20170308_041812.png

Hi All

New here and was suggested to search for this thread.

I write music and have done so for almost 30 years now. I am an unashamed Electronic Musician, which doesn't mean Techno. Think Tangerine Dream, Vangelis, Tomita, Larry Fast...

My father was trained as a cathedral organist and harpsichordist so I grew up with Baroque music being played both on record and harpsi. In the late 70's I discovered Pop and didn't look back. My record collection (800+ albums) includes Prog Rock, New Wave, Classic Rock, Country and almost anything early-mid 80's. Fave artists have been Gary Numan, Ultravox, ELP, Rick Wakeman, George Benson, Thompson Twins, Patrick Cowley and of course all that great Oz Rock like Angels and Cold Chisel.

When I left school in 1986 I wanted to be a record producer (like Alan Parsons) but there were no real ways to get started other than finding a studio that let you hang around. I found one but the guy was a bit of a creep. I learned things but after leaving him I couldn't find anyone who wanted me around (typical Aspie blunt thing I guess). That set me to buying a synth and making my own songs. I had some interest from record companies a few times but every time it didn't pan out.

Eventually, I gave up on trying to write what I thought people might want and settled into being me. I make my albums, often one every 3 months, and pop them on the internet in hope someone likes them. If nothing else I give myself a good supply of music to listen to.

As a musician I would love to have a proper audience, to wrote for films and docos and/or to be able to teach what I know to others. It seems a shame to amass so much knowledge but not be able to do anything with it.

Thanks for reading

🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance