Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Hello @MDT @TAB @Former-Member @StuF and anyone else passing through.  Went for a walk last week and sharp pain in my hip.  Could barely walk home was panicking. Got home looked up the possible reasons and have an appt with my GP on Wednesday. More often than not its ageing but there may be a possibility for surgery.  Am doing a free joint regeneration audio (Sapien Medicine, you tube) in the meantime. Have read people can avoid expensive costs and the inconvenience of surgery. Keeping fingers crossed that the audio delivers! 🙂 

Probably upset something @SmilingGecko hope its better now

I'll try going out for a walk again before seeing my GP but may prolong it a bit after doing more of the audio @TAB Hows things going in your neck of the woods?

I have odd one off things w hips etc had something similar and it just went away., @SmilingGecko 

um back on exercise again.too much time on my hands as not fit enough to exercise more and more often.

I tried to ring someone have dealt with before re work. Sent email as well after no reply. They said to call them this afternoon Not sure if am ready for work atm , guess testing the waters. Maybe something simple and short term to start with. 
How have things been going with you? 

Yes I am hoping the hip thingy will go away or can be treated with audio @TAB 

Yeah you really have to be fit to go to work. My last job was as a supermarket taste tester. I didn't particularly enjoy it as there was lots of travelling to unfamiliar places and standing on my feet for up to 4 hours a day. 

Nothing much is happening here just reading about the national inflation rate and my personal inflation rate. They have tips on budgeting in the Herald Sun but its all common sense.  My expenses are low.  I don't have high costs.  Trying to hang onto money. So many people doing it tough out there in the world.

Yeah prob not physically or mentally up to working here @SmilingGecko  need money tho. 
yes. I am very conscious of buying fuel as can vary by .40c litre if just pull up anywhere. Also not had red meat in a while, started eating pork chops. Think will leave corned beef as too processed although cheap. There are groups of homeless people gathering in front of empty shops these days at local shops. I was shocked yest as tried to update address w centrelink, had to cancel what was doing. It said I was trying to move to a place w less chance of work (moved from country ok centre to city, ok bad suburb .) but seriously? So from vague memory they can cut you off for 3 months if they feel like it .. just nuts. Might try and find out more about that

Yes I can understand that. If you are not fit and your mental health isn't up to par then its probably not a good time to be looking for work.  In my last job I was in psychosis every day I had to show up.  It was hard but I was a lot younger, yet well presented so nobody knew my brain was flipping while I was operating a pop up stall.  You will know when the time is right for you @TAB. And that caveat with Centrelink regarding where youre living sounds extreme. It must be so upsetting to you

Its sad we are seeing a lot of homelessness.  I'm expecting places to be unsafe around supermarkets.  I have heard in the USA they've had to have security guards stationed outside shops as theres lots of looting/violence going on. Some cities in the USA look really bad with drug addicts shooting up and mentally ill just walking around aimlessly in concentrated areas.  I did read St. Kilda in Melbourne is similar and really has gone downhill. I don't get out much as I have no car and live in a semi regional area so don't know whats going on in Melbourne anymore

it's actually 6months re centrelink , just found out @SmilingGecko  and it is decided on a 'case by case' basis , so you just wouldnt know til it happened , they are a few ways around it, but sounds very subjective as to whether they 'allow' an 'exception' .. anyway, thats not sunk in , yet , but might try and put a few feelers out somehow. well, I can say I have just as chance of work here in my particular area, which is true. apparently cheaper accom not a valid reason

yes, things not good re people on streets, never been this visible before here

well, I changed address on mygov just then, had a list of options for reasons, I just picked one that didnt require supporting documentation. See what happens lol . should be okay. I said health reasons, well have health issues on their records and am on hosp wait list etc @SmilingGecko 

No good @TAB it must come across as very concerning to you.  You have been through so much allready.  But this case-by-case mandate with Centrelink is quite ephemeral offering no certitude.  You may be in it for a job still with flexible hours which would give you more stability but you really need a place to live in.  All these problems... You need to hatch a plan!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance