Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

yeah, no apprentices/trades, o/s student scams eg family member works for immigration, got told recently to let all student visa applications through as need people for bad jobs  @Historylover 

plus all skills visas etc, unemployment is double what they claim etc etc lol sure, come here and do what you like, but prob should be an actual genuine, not addressable need, not a gotv policy failure and /or employers greed lol 

Here is some more recent news from Perth, not a trope, but a very sad fact.  My heart always remains in part, with the plight of the homeless, and it is often related to mental health.  There are so many numbers to keep an eye on, in this modern day and age.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/oct/17/dying-on-the-streets-at-least-44-homeless-peo... 

@TAB. Everything is, in my opinion, in an indescribable mess. Even staff at a certain government asset think they are so important that they are right to talk down  to the people they serve. They demand respect — and give none!. They are SERVANTS of the public! What a lazy, good for nothing lot they are!! I hold them all in contempt. 

Education is a mess.  And I won't go into my disdain for what is going on in so many areas which I would like to take a broom to. The health domain is unhealthy to put it mildly. Unnecessary procedures, medication etc., GPs who just go through the motions, use their computers to cover for their incompetence. More money won't fix it. 

Homelessness and mental health is a joke. Experience is undesirable when it is from older heads. Only youth matters and so many are just bumbling along in positions so far above their capability. Jobs are given to women when they should be given to the person most suited, regardless of gender or race or any other aspect of our humanity.  I always wonder if anyone else notices that Indians are the ones collecting shopping trolleys, etc., - as though, even in Australia, they are 'Untouchables'. And it all goes on and on. 

And so much depends on who you know, not what you know.

I say to all who are just looking after themselves - Play on! It must implode at some point. This social 'system' needs a good clean up! The best people are sitting on the sidelines.

@TAB  OMG! cat you did well:D am glad you survived to tell the tailxx

nah one week left for work @Historylover
i completed the studies a few weeks back
haven't looked back since lol

Yeah it's a huge pity i think in regards to brain drain like @Appleblossom was saying

I hope you get your assessments in order my friend @Historylover

I agree with what you say @Historylover  cant deal with it atm though, okay if am in the mood lol

yes, It was admitted recently that the system is deliberately about punishment, money is no object so long as does not go to the poor, give it to jobsearch, public servants etc thats all fine, so long as it does not pass through the hands of the poor 

PS re 'defamatory comments'  well thats a hot topic atm with pollies suing ordinary citizens left and right using most biased defamation laws in Western World to stop people from expressing an opinion or in this case , stating Facts. anyhoo time and a place, guess I had best shut up 

was a bit rash of me in hindsight @greenpea  nearly fainted so many times 2nd afternoon, forced a lot of water after that

Hey hey! Smiley Happy

Just jumping in to provide a gentle reminder about the Forum guidelines around mentioning a specific service or organisation.

While you are certainly able to express your frustations, we ask that you please refrain from naming these services particuarly in ways that could be perceived as defamatory.

Thank you Smiley Happy

Peregrinefalcon

A heart-breaking fact @Appleblossom. As you may recall, my ex-psychiatrist sent me to live with the homeless for 2 years and 8 months, so it is a matter of interest to me. To think that they are all members of families yet are in such dire straits. And that so many are First Nations people is to our great shame.

As for governments providing accommodation for the homeless - for sure. But, in my opinion, the whole system needs to be overhauled. Government funds only go so far and have to be used frugally and wisely. I spoke with a woman recently who decried the government's palty assistance, as her child couldn't afford to live on it and pay her mortgage. 

I couldn't say to her that the government shouldn't have to pay people's mortgages! That is her responsibility. When we get out of our depth in financial matters - it is our own fault- painful as that may be. But that is just one aspect of people's unrealistic views of government responsibilities.

How we view matters so often depends on our experiences and in the matter of government provided housing, mine is this. It deprives people of the necessity of providing for themselves - and that is VITAL to fulfillment, to proper function.

Many decades ago, I knew someone who lived in a Housing Commission house in a HC suburb in another state. At that time, they were able to buy them over time. Neighbours were a police sergeant, a cabinet maker, an architect, another was a QC! It still flabbergasts me that these things have been allowed to occur.

If I had my way, I would change the rules. Live in them for a fixed period - say 5 or 10 years, take advantage of a token rent, and then move into the community. It's a hand up - not a hand out. 

My system wouldn't generate people who underachieve, fail to thrive, produce more  generations of people who have the same mindset. Everyone has to participate in society. Pity cripples, in my opinion. Self-reliance and self-respect is too high a price to pay.

Sorry, you're not feeling too good @TAB. It is all about walking all over decent, distressed, ill, unemployed people to make their unimportant selves feel superior. And I'll always have contempt for them at that government asset. Take care, @TAB. Sincere apologies if my rant was draining. Take this - 😊!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance