Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Fear

Question 1:

What feelings on the emotion wheel do you most often experience when you are fearful? 

For me, when I am fearful, the feelings that resonate with me most include:

- overwhelmed

- inadequate

- inferior

Shaz51
Community Guide

Hello @cloudcore 

To question  one ,

I feel rejected,  insecure,  worthless,  worried , overwhelmed,  scared 

Millieme
Senior Contributor

Overwhelmed, helpless, frozen worthless

Owen45
Senior Contributor

Excellent charts and diagrams, very informative and educational.

cloudcore
Senior Contributor

@BlueBay @Oaktree @SJT63 @MIFANTCARER @Arizona @pinklollipop15 @RedHorse @utopia @BPDSurvivor @Shaz51 @Millieme @Owen45 

Thank you all for the courage and vulnerability to share those feelings. I tend to feel anxious, insecure, weak and exposed when I am experiencing fear too.

Heart from cloudcore

cloudcore
Senior Contributor

Question 2:

How does fear show up in your life?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@BlueBay @Oaktree @SJT63 @MIFANTCARER @Arizona @pinklollipop15 @RedHorse @utopia @BPDSurvivor @Shaz51 @Millieme @Owen45 

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

Sorry but not sure I understand the question @cloudcore  - 

where in our body do we feel fear?

Do we give an example of a time when we feared of something???

not sure 

cloudcore
Senior Contributor

Hi @BlueBay , yes the question is referring to times or situations in your life when you have experienced or responded with fear. Smiley Happy

For me, I have lived with anxiety for many years and so I have to sat in a space of fear often. Specifically, fear can show up for me when I feel like my relationships, personal or professional, are changing or breaking down. 

What about for you?

Heart from cloudcore

Owen45
Senior Contributor

Fear of having a medical emergency or dying in my bed at night. No one will know as I am totally alone and isolated.  Anyhow, that's life, just got to accept my fate. 

Millieme
Senior Contributor

im not sure that there is any part of my life where there isnt fear. im afraid of the things i see and feel and the memories that i have of the past which constantly come into mind. im always anxious in relationships and social situations. shows up in no confidencein self or anything i have to do and in my avoidance and procrastination of things.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance