Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

cloudcore
Senior Contributor

Re: Fear

Hi @BlueBay ,

Managing fear can be really tough, and it's okay to have moments where you sit in that space and let it run its course. Something that I try to do, like others have mentioned, is positive self talk. It doesn't neccesarily bring me out of a fearful space but it has helped reduce how much anxiety I experience day to day. Have you found that, or any of the other coping strategies that other's have mentioned here useful?

Paperdaisy
Peer Support Worker

Re: Fear

How I manage or cope with fear is work on me and myself esteem.  Every morning I validate who I am and what I expect for myself.  I do this because I also instill it to my toddler son.  With him we say to each other before he goes to daycare.. ' I am big, I am strong and I am smart... I am ... his name and we clap really loud.'

I’m pretty new here so I’m reading through older threads. Just wanted to say this resonated with me so much I actually saw this post days ago and have been meaning to come back here. I often use a mantra for myself and really want to instil this in my children as well, to build their self -esteem as they grow. I am also big on a morning walk or a morning ritual and I think it helps a lot with anxiety- gets the worms out before you start the day! Thanks for sharing @MIFANTCARER  🌼

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance