Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

@Zoe7  Zoe7 what are you doing awake so early? How is life treating you atm? I know you have had a super pea busy week.

@Zoe7  Lolz I literally flapped my hands up in the air when I saw the pic :D:Dxx

@Former-Member  :D:D my silent and supportive formitexxxHeart

Thought you might like that @greenpea ...smiles all around Smiley Very Happy

I have had an incredibly busy week GP and have tried to get some more things done tonight - so up still as a result. I don't think I will be too fsr away from crashing though - soooo tired but not yet sleepy. I literally had to stop myself falling asleep in class today - I was reading to the kids and my eyes kept closing. I have no idea what I actually read (and will probably have to read it again to myself to find out what is happening in the story lol). The kids were quiet though - only time all day LOL. They were super hard work today but I was exhausted so that didn't help. I do really need to catch up on some sleep this weekend but I have done most of the housework tonight so that should be possible. Still so much to do for the next couple of weeks - looking forward to 2 weeks time when we have a public holiday on the Monday.

@greenpea I am super missing my @Faith-and-Hope little pea but know she is extremely busy too 😘🌹💕

@Zoe7  Seems that alot of teachers are spending incredible amounts of time outside normal hours working. Our resident teacher in the complex was up the other morning when we left for our 4.30am walk (all her light were on). i dont know what the answer is there but surely teachers will get burn out sooner rather than later. 

@Zoe7  @Faith-and-Hope  and @Snowie  were the first formites that pea spoke to all those years ago 😄 I was so hyper back then a regular jumping bean rather than a greenpea lol. They were both so kind and welcoming :). 

There is so much paperwork we have to do now aside from our norml teaching load @greenpea Luckily this school I am at now does not place as much emphasis on that as the school I spent 11 years at. Priorities are more child centred and not on producing copious amounts of records and written evidence. I used to have to have at least a one page plan for every lesson - that sometimes amounted to 6 pages a day - and that is just not sustainable for anyone. I so get how easy it is for teachers to burn out - I was at that stage when I got sick (and probably contributed to it a lot). I was not happy in the job but that passion has certainly returned.

That does not surprise me at all @greenpea Both @Faith-and-Hope and @Snowie are very special people Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance