Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

💜💜 @Zoe7 @Snowie  .....

Hi @Faith-and-Hope @Snowie Just finished cleaning up outside and int he garage - one more side of the deck done 👍 Only the other side to go now and it is finally done. Then I can fix up the garden in that corner, re-paint a couple of patches on the fence and wait for my kangaroo paw seeds to grow so I can put them all in and that area will be done. It will mean I can get stuck into Cat's corner next holidays. This term is crazy with everything we have to do so I will no doubt have limited time (and limited energy) to do any of it on weekends. With the weather warming up I will be able to get a load of soil and scatter some grass seeds in front of the deck as it is down to dirt now that I have sprayed all the weeds (and been working in that area a lot).

I am going to trim the trees in the front yard before I have a shower then I will be settled in for the evening ...and hopefully an early night 👍 Will catch up with you a bit later if you are around Heart

@Faith-and-Hope 💖🌹😘

@Snowie 💙💙💙

@Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @Snowie 

💙🦋🎉🦋💙

Hi @Zoe7 @Eve7 ..... 👋💕

Good morning @Faith-and-Hope @Snowie @Eve7 Heart

I managed to get home earlyish yesterday. We were allowed to leave at 3pm after our PD day so I went straight to Bunnings, got what I needed and headed home. It took me just under 2 hours to finish the last side of the deck - so it is now done 😁🎉 I still have the garden around it to do but it is raining as expected today so that will have to wait. I do need a quick visit to the supermarket to get a couple of things then I will settle in for the day to do some school work.

Hugs and hugs to you all Heart

❤️ Going to take some time-out to paint today @Zoe7 

That has made me smile @Faith-and-Hope Smiley Very HappyHeart We all need that time to do what we love just because we can ...so enjoy yourself Hon, get lost in the process and don't think about anything else for a while. 

I have been to the supermarket and done most of the housework. I still need to do some ironing and run the vacuum over but then I can set up to work bit by bit over the remainder of the weekend. I also have some arty things (with papier mache) to do for a few kids so will get that underway also. I have set up the tressle table in the kitchen to do that so I can do what I can, when I can and it is still out of the way.

I have had a few pain killers and anti-inflammatories this morning - so achy and sore all over - the effects of sitting most of yesterday Smiley Sad - making me quite tired too so a nap maybe when I have finished the ironing and vacuuming.

How is your Dad? Any further news? ...and how are you coping with everything you are dealing with?

Dad is doing okay, and the outlook is positive @Zoe7 👍

Everything else is in limbo ..... having to sit on my hands, so I am ignoring it all and getting on with what I can do something about.

Almost finished my main essay assignment.  Just have to finalise references in the library on Monday ......

Oh @Faith-and-Hope that is such great news about your Dad - must be such a huge relief for you all Heart Good news about your main essay assignment too - nearly done and that will be out of the way 👍

I hear you about doing what you can do something about - that other stuff will still be there but you can only do what you can and control what is possible for now. It is such a horrible, drawn out process for you sweetheart but it will end ...just need to find a little of yourself right now and do what you love.

I have something nice to tell you - I was stopped by one of my grade 1 parent's on Thursday. She told me her boy has been telling her all about different artists and they have a Monet on their tv - he told her all about how Monet painted usuing tiny little brush strokes and was particularly excited to tell her about his haystacks series and the different way he painted the shadows. I was really surprised it came from this particular student but we never can tell the impact art will have on different people - a nice thought though that this kid has been impacted so much by what we have been doing and even more so that he was so excited to tell his Mum all about it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance