Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Exo's Exposé

@CheerBear Heart I spent years feeling lonely because I didn't have another Human Being in my life. But the whole time I had very patient four-legged company that didn't take offence that I seemingly ignored the fact that they were constantly there by my side. I'd have to say I'm glad I'm finally over people, I finally see the beauty of another living creature that chooses to be by my side, despite my 'different' ways. I love their love, it's pure, non-judgemental, totally accepting - I have never met a Human Being that can do that.

Lots of love to youHeart

Former-Member
Not applicable

images (14).jpeg

Hi @Exoplanet  I feel the same way. Pets are our lifeline. Glad I found you 😊

I forgot my youngest grandsons birthday! How could I forget an Aprils fool baby!! I sent a card & little parcel yesterday & sent my Daughter a text apologizing this morning. Guess I'll be further into the bad book now. I've never been able to remember birthdays, when I was young I had a Sister that would remind me, up until our falling out my Daughter used to remind me about the kids - now I have no-one to remind me. I've put it in my phone, I don't know why it wasn't there, but all it takes is for the phone to break or for whatever reason I get another & they're all gone. I feel pretty bad about it. Autistic or not, he's stil my grandbaby & I love him. But what hurts the most is that she didn't say anything.

💜💐 @Exoplanet .....

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Exoplanet  be kind to yourself 🌷

You're not alone in that @Exoplanet, I'm terrible for forgetting family birthdays too! I feel bad afterwards, but there are so many to keep up with, and no one reminds me either Smiley LOL

I'm trying to add them all as annual alerts on my phone with an alarm the day before, alarm that morning, and another in the afternoon just in case I'm busy when the morning one goes off. Hopefully it helps this year...

Had a 'way too exciting for me' walk with the dogs yesterday afternoon. The Staffy has been still bursting with energy when we finish our walk around the property, so I thought he needed something different. We hadn't walked down the road since I got the fence, I decided to do so yesterday afternoon. I figured it would give him something different to see, smell, hear & just plain step outside the property boundaries - we got something different alright! I put on his 'saddle' - a doggie backpack, which I put in a couple of bottles of water for weight; I don't know why, it isn't overly heavy, but the weight settles his jumping bean behaviours quite a lot. I put the little guys harness on so I could attach him to the Staffy, the Staffy I attach to a lead attached to me - so I can be hands free 🙂 I'm so glad I do it that way, I needed my hands to hold the little guy. The first excitement was seeing the neighbour towing a ruddy big water tank into there property, the Staffy just stood block still, like he couldn't believe what he was seeing 🙂 I felt like that made the walk successful, a bit of mental stimulation was why I'd done it . . . but wait there's more. I finally got the Staffy moving again, after the allien giant tank sighting & headed further down the road, I knew there were a couple of properties that used to have dogs on them & thought my guys might get to hear them. As we approached the first possible doggie property it was a little disappointing, everything was silent - we did eventually hear 1 yap . . . I thought 'better than nothing'. The next doggie property though, didn't just 'make up' for the quite one, it overtook it & placed it into a zone that I'm extremely uncomfortable with! I started walking towards it & then I saw a dog running out at us . . . & then another . . . & then another!!! 3 of them!!! These were English Staffies, much smaller than the American . . . but there were 3 of them!!! I had no choice but to stop, my Staffy, an American Staffordshire Terrier, is an extremely strong dog; when he decides to plant his feet, even when wearing his head halty {which I'm so glad I decided to put on him, as I had consided not to}, it's physically difficult to get him moving. When I saw the first dog coming I immediately pulled the little dog up into my arms, that meant I had less ability to guide & control my Staffy. After it was all over I had a chance to realize just how good my Staffy is, he didn't yank me around a great deal, though by the end of it, I did fall over. I also realized these 3 dogs were not nasty aggressive dogs, no-one was bitten. I was lucky the owner was home, a lady, she eventually came out. Her dogs wouldn't come to her but she managed to grab 1 & told me she'd have to come back. Most homes here are a ways back in their property, so for next 10 minutes my dogs & I were circled by the others. The situation escalated in excitement, the other dogs were getting braver & braver, with their darts in to take a sniff - I knew it would only be a matter of time before things did get nasty. She did return {I was beginning to think she wouldn't & that this was some sort of punishment for walking past the property}, this time with leads; as she sprang & lunged at her dogs in an attempt to catch them, things got really exciting! My Staffy didn't pull me over, understandably he was constantly moving from one of my sides to the other & our leads were getting very tangled - that's why I fell over. When she did manage to get both the dogs on lead I undid the little fellas lead from the Staffies backpack & began untangling us, I had just re-clipped him back on {all of this I did whilst holding the little fella - he may be a little dog, but I'm old, with arthritus - my arm & shoulder was really hurting by this stage - every minute . . . every second, he felt heavier & the whole time he was wriggling like mad in an attempt to get out of, not just my arms but his harness too}, when the 1st dog she'd taken back home came running back down her driveway; though it did follow it's owner with the 2 other dogs on lead, back towards the house. I wasn't putting my little fella down until we'd moved a distance away from the area, just in case those dogs came out again. You know, out of the 5 dogs involved, my Staffy was the only one that didn't bark, yet my little fella was the loudest of them all :)! I am angry that I can't walk down my own little back dirt road because of one irresponsible pet owner, I'm not angry that her dogs wouldn't come to her - mine would be the same, which is why I restrain them. I've heard a lot about 'problem dogs' out here & I'd say those 3 are a few of them - it's not their fault, if you don't give your dogs a boundary they will make their own . . . I'm guessing these guys set there's way past the road in front of their property . . . & beyond.

Love to all that need or want it Heart

Mazy Heart @Mazarita  @eth  @Teej  @Faith-and-Hope  @Shaz51  @Sophia1  @Zoe7  @greenpea  @CheerBear 

That would have been scary @Exoplanet . You did so well to get through it. That’s my fear always too. But my dog is aggressive to any dog that comes to us. I hate it so much. I would have lost it.  I have been known to physically cower over my dog so another dog and he can’t physically have contact. It’s really not that safe for me but it’s what fear does. Well done for getting through it. I wish you could walk your dog locally without that fear. 💜🤗

That's definitely the wrong sort of excitement @Exoplanet .  Brave you.  What a shame you can't walk safely in your immediate neighbourhood.  I would freak out totally in that situation.  I'm very nervous around any dog I don't know and they sense it so fast.  

Quite a scary scenario for you @Exoplanet I agree dogs should be kept on a person's property or restrained if out walking. You don't know what/who will be around and they can easily be spooked. I must say I understand your little one having the biggest voice - my Toby has a really loud bark for a little fella. Hope you have recovered from all this and this neighbour does something about her dogs - even though they were not viscious it is still scary.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance